Math: Check answers
posted by Deborah on .
1. How can this product be simplified?
5x2(2x – 3)
5x2 + 2x – 3
10x3 – 15x2
7x3 – 15x2
2. What is the GCF of the terms of 8c3 + 12c2 + 10c ?
3. How can the polynomial 6d4 + 9d3 – 12d2 be factored?
3d2(2d2 + 3d – 4)
3d2(3d2 + 6d – 9)
3d(d3 + 3d2 – 4)
6d2(d2 + 3d3 – 6)
4. There is a circular garden in the middle of a square yard. The radius of the circle is 4x. The side length of the yard is 20x. What is the area of the part of the yard that is not covered by the circle?
8x2(5 – )
16x(25 + )
16x2(25 – )
5. What is the simplified form of –3z2(z + 2) – 4(z2 + 1)?
–7x2 + 1
–3z3 – 4z2 – 6z – 4
–3z3 – 2z2 – 4
–3z3 – 10z2 – 4
Your answers are all correct, but online one usually uses ^ for powers, so #1 would be written as
also, copy/paste does not do well with special characters, so that's why your exponents came out as they did, and why π didn't show at all.
I had to scratch my head some on #4!
Thank You very much. And Thank You for showing me how to do the exponents.
aww, shucks. How could I refuse? My first girlfriend's name was Deborah!
Thanks. They were all correct.