Posted by Ashley on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 6:10am.
The power P delivered to a load by a current of i amperes through a resistance of 19 ohms, when 110 volts are supplied at one end of the line, is given by the formula P = 110i - 19i2 . Determine the maximum power that can be delivered.
maximum power in watts =
- Math - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:16am
Your umpteen posts have been removed.
Once you write up YOUR ATTEMPT at each problem, please re-post, and someone here will be happy to comment.
- Math - Ashley, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 8:15am
Oh, sorry I didn't realise that I needed to provide my answer. I just want to check to see if I obtain the correct answer.
My answer is:
P"=-38 therefore a max
Max Power in watts = 2.8947
- Math - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 8:26am
Please re-post your questions along with your answers, and a math teacher will check your work.
Also there's no need to switch user names.
- Math - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:54pm
Hmmm. I agree with i at 2.89 amps
Powermax=put i in the formula for power given, and you have it.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math Max min problems - The power P delivered to a load by a current of i ...
- math - The equation P=240I-8I^2 represents the power, P, (in watts) of a 240 ...
- Physics - 100000W of power is delivered to the other side of a city by a pair of...
- beginning algebra - In an electrical circuit, the current passing through a ...
- Physics - In an electrical circuit, the current passing through a conductor ...
- Circuts - A wye-connected load consists of three impedances of 12+j3 ohms each. ...
- Math - The equation P=240I-8I^2 represents the power, P, (in watts) of a 240 ...
- ALG WORD PROBLEM - The current I in an electrical conductor varies inversely as ...
- calculus - The voltage V (volts), current I (amperes), and resistence R (ohms) ...
- Math - Amperes (abbreviated amp) measure the strength of electric current. An ...