Posted by caitlin on .
im pretty sure im right on most the question, just wanna make sure before i submit!! help
Mrs. Shotto was once one of your regular customers, but she hasn't asked to have any garments made in approximately one year. You note she has lost weight. She would like you to make her a special silk blouse to replace a favorite blouse that has worn out. The blouse has very simple lines and will be worn tucked in at the waist of pants or a skirt. She has brought the material and the old pattern, which was a Misses' size 12. When you measure her, you discover that her bust now measures 32 in. instead of 34 in. and that her waist is 25 in. instead of 26 in. Mrs. Shotto is 5 ft. 3 in.
1. Now that Mrs. Shotto has lost weight, what pattern size would be a better fit?
A. Misses' size 10 (*my answer)
B. Miss Petite size 10
C. Half-sizes/Teen size 11/12
D. Junior Petite size 9
2. The blouse pattern is no longer available for purchase. In any case, Mrs. Shotto's measurements are only one inch smaller and you can adjust patterns up to two inches. To accommodate her smaller waist, therefore, you alter the pattern by
A. reducing the side seams by 1/2 in. (*i THINK im not too sure on this question..)
B. making a pleat down the back and front panels of the pattern.
C. narrowing the back dart.
D. eliminating an inch at the back and front center seams.
3. What type of sewing machine thread would you choose to sew the blouse?
A. All purpose cotton/polyester
B. Extra-fine polyester (*my answer)
C. Long-fiber polyester
D. Buttonhole twist
4. What size needle would you select for the sewing machine?
A. 14/90 Ballpoint
D. 11/75 (* i think, again not to sure on this one)
5. What type of seam would be most suitable for the selected fabric?
B. Open (*my answer)
6. You're repairing an armhole seam in a turtleneck used primarily for skiing. The stitching has come loose because of the extra arm movement. What type of hand stitch do you use?
A. Backstitch (*my answer)
C. Running stitch
D. Blind stitch
7. If your sewing machine were skipping stitches, what would you check first?
A. Bobbin tension
B. Needle setting (*my answer)
C. Thread type
D. Pressure foot adjustment
8. You find that your stitching distance from the edge of the fabric isn't very consistent. Which attachment could you add to your machine to solve the problem?
A. Seam guide
B. Overedge foot (*my asnwr)
C. Edge stitcher
9. How do you secure the beginning and end of every seam?
A. Add a double-stitch tailor tack to each end.
B. Press it with starch.
C. Back-tack three stitches at each end. (my answer)
D. Stay stitch the ends.
10. If, while you're machine stitching, your fabric puckers and the stitches break, what should you do first?
A. Change the needle.
B. Change the thread.
C. Lower the tension. (*my answer)
D. Raise the tension.
dress making -
What type of sewing machine thread would you choose to sew the blouse?