Posted by Sammy on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 8:36pm.
You buy clothing at a sale. You buy sneakers at 2/3 of their original price of $60, a sweater at 7/10 of its original price of $35, and a jacket at 5/6 of its original price of $45. Answer each question and show all your work.
a. How much money did you spend?
b. How much money did you save?
c. What fraction of the total original price did you save?
Help on figureing this out?
- Math help - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 8:44pm
2/3 * 60 = 120/3 = $40 for the sneakers. You saved $20.
Do the same for the other two purchases.
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- Math help - Sammy, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 8:57pm
You buy sneakers at 2/3 of their original prioce of $60 = $40
A sweater at 7/10 of its oreginal price of $35 = 24.5
And a jacket at 5/6 of its oreginal price of $45 = $37.5
So you spent $ 102
Saved (origianl cost - buying cost) ( 60+35+45) - (102) = $38
The fraction is 38/140 simplify to 19/70
IS this all right?
- Math help - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:03pm
Great! It looks all right!
- Math help Thanks! - Sammy, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:24pm
- Math help - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 9:24pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - A. Mandy buy a sweater that is on sale for 20% less than the original ...
- Math - Sneakers were on sale for 25%off their original price. Lola bought a pair...
- math - Sneakers were on sale for 25% off their original price. Lola bought a ...
- math - sara wants to buy a jacket on sale. its original price is $15.00.The sale...
- math - The ratio of the sales price of a jacket to the original price is 3:4. ...
- math - paula bought a ski jacket on sale for $6 less than half its original ...
- Programming - A sweater is on sale for 25% off the original price. The original...
- math - the price of a jacket was reduced by10%. during a special sale, the price...
- math - How do I solve ? Adam bought a basketball that was on sale for 25% less ...
- math - In a hypermarket promotional drive, the customers would only have to pay ...