Good grief! It's been only 25 minutes since you posted this the first time.
numbers 1-3 c,b,d
number 8 b
the rest seem to look ok
1. Under a Home Rule Charter, local authority is ANSWER IS D
usually established by the local voters.
never established by the state’s legislature.
never established by the state’s constitution.
usually established by a provision in the state’s constitution or granted by the state’s legislature.
2. In federalism, the national government ANSWER IS B
is subordinate to the states.
shares power and authority with the states.
can force the states to do what it wants.
can choose the states’ governing officials.
3. In Missouri v. Holland, the Supreme Court rejected Missouri’s argument that the regulation of game was a state right despite a treaty between the national government and Canada to protect migratory birds because ANSWER IS C
it was a matter of interstate commerce.
failure to protect the birds would harm relations with Canada.
a treaty is the supreme law of the land and as such it trumps states’ rights.
foreign policy always supersedes states’ rights.
4. In Cooperative Federalism, ANSWER IS A
the states and national government jointly administer programs.
the states are creative and tell the national government what to do.
the national government seeks to return discretionary authority back to the states.
the national government absolutely repudiates Dual Federalism.
5. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis referred to the states as laboratories of democracy in the a federal system because ANSWER IS B
states were often not very democratic.
states are arenas to experiment with policy before trying it out at the national level.
states determine whether national policy is a good idea.
states are arenas of democracy in an otherwise authoritarian federal system.
6. Policy making in the United States is made through incrementalism because ANSWER IS B
the Constitution prohibits grand sweeping steps.
the Madisonian system prevents grand sweeping action.
incrementalism is more efficient.
incrementalism produces the best possible policy .
7. The Senate filibuster is a procedure that allows for ANSWER IS B
the Senate to never get anything done.
individual senators to extend debate indefinitely
the Senate to go on permanent recess.
greater efficiency in the performance of Senate duties.
8. Technology is important in congressional representation because it allows for ANSWER IS A
members to communicate in more ways with their constituents.
members to never have to attend sessions of Congress.
constituents to vote for members of Congress via the internet.
members to manipulate their constituents.
9. Congressional staff have an important role in Congress because ANSWER IS A
members rely on staff to study the issues and provide them with essential information.
members rely on staff to cast votes for them.
members rely on staff to sit in for them when representing their districts.
members would not understand the complexity of legislation without the input of their staff.
10. Edmund Burke formulated the trustee model because, as a traditional conservative, ANSWER IS D
he believed in the democratic process.
he believed that representatives were always right.
he was an aristocrat at heart.
he did not trust the masses.
The principal powers of Congress include all except (Points : 1)
the power of the purse.
the power to declare war.
the power to hire generals.
I have a question on this same quiz if anyone can help.
Each state constitution provides for local entities, including all except (Points : 1)
power in congress resides in
Answer this Question
POL201 - A federal system differs from a unitary system in that: A) power is ...
Texas Government - Please tell me which one of these is Federal , Confederal or ...
Please do Civics Essay thanks so much - Please Help with essay question. thanks...
U.S. History - please tell me if these are right or not. my choice are in CAPS 1...
Civics - Two advantages of a confederation are that it ____ and ____. A. ...
american government/ economics - A constituion: is a unitary form of government...
Government - Confederation: 1.)A government in which all power stems from a ...
government - the power that allows congress to take private property for such ...
cjs200 - DQ. The text mentions that the federal goverment and the individual ...
political science - the system of government in the state of CA can be described...