Posted by Kelsey on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 5:47pm.
How would you solve the following I'm stumped..
- Algebra 2 - MathGuru, Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 5:56pm
First, set each equation equal to 0:
1. 2x^2 + 4x - 30 = 0
2. x^3 + 6x^2 + 8x = 0
Try to factor when possible:
1. (2x - 6)(x + 5) = 0
2. x(x^2 + 6x + 8) = 0
x(x + 2)(x + 4) = 0
Set each factor equal to 0:
1. 2x - 6 = 0
x + 5 = 0
2. x = 0
x + 2 = 0
x + 4 = 0
Can you take it from here to find the solutions for x in both problems?
I hope this explanation helps.
- Algebra 2 - Kelsey, Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 5:58pm
Yes thank you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - simplify the following expression and show your problem solving strategy ...
- maths - If A=1+r^a+r^2a+r^3a+.......................to infinity B=1+r^b+r^2b...
- algebra 2 - I am so stuck on this factoring thing. how do you solve: 1)15a(...
- math - factor (15a squared bc squared -9a squared b to the fourth c) by finding ...
- Inter. Algebra - what is the answer to 12x squared y cubed /2xy squared +6xy * y...
- Math - Find the shortcut. Solve these problems. Then find and explain a shortcut...
- math - How do i find the area of a triangle? For example: A squared + b squared...
- algebra 2 multiple choice HELP - find f(a), if f(t) = 2t2(squared)-t-2 A. 2(a+t)...
- algebra - Find the least common multiple of the monomials. 5a squared, and 16a ...
- algebra - x cubed + x squared over x squared - 16 times x + 4 over 3x to the ...