Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 8:03am.
A cuboidal room is 1 and 1/2 as long again as it is broad.
The cost of carpeting the room at the rate of Rs.5 per m sq is Rs.480 and the cost of papering the walls with coloured paper at the rate of Rs.3 per m sq is Rs.360. Find the dimensions of the room .
- maths - oluchi, Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 8:47am
taking d floor of d room
4rm d price
1sq meter will cost rs.5
dere4 x square meter will cost rs.480
lenght =1.5*8=12; breadth =8
4 d height==> rs.3........1sq meter
den rs.360.........xsq meter
let area= height*breadth
dimension=12m by 8m by 15m
Answer this Question
- MATH - 1.Divide. 0.8/ 14.12 A~17.65? 2.The cost of 36 items is $24.80. What is ...
- geometry - it cost $350 to carpet an 8ft. by 10 ft room. at this rate, how many ...
- math - The cost of carpeting a room 15m long with a carpet 70cm wide at Rs.8 per...
- geometry - Mr. Rose wants to install wall-to-wall carpeting in his living room. ...
- Math - A rectangular room measures 15ft by 21ft. How much will it cost to carpet...
- math for elementary teachers - Suppose that carpeting cost $12.36 per square ...
- math - George wants to put carpeting in a rectangular living room and a square ...
- Algebra Word Problem - A large hotel finds that it can rent 95 rooms when it ...
- math - A recreation room has the following dimensions. Carpeting will cost $1.50...
- math - I'm trying to help my son with his homework and I have been out of school...