Posted by Deborah on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 8:35pm.
1. Why is there no charity in Mithila?
A.) No one in the country is need of it.
B.) The poor can collect the cast-off
C.) jewelry for money.
D.)The wealthy are greedy and do not give to the poor.
No one is wealthy enough to give to others.
2. Why does Sita feel ill after seeing Rama?
A.) She is disturbed by how he looked at her.
B.) She recognizes him as a sorcerer.
C.) She has fallen in love with him.
D.) She is stunned that he vanished before her eyes.
3. In the village described in “My Father Writers to My Mother,” when a woman speaks about her husband, it is customary for her to refer to him as
A.) “my husband.”
B.) “my dear.”
D.) “The Pure.”
4. As the story opens, Abboud Bey is
A.) smoking a cigarette.
B.) traveling on business.
C.) phoning the police.
D.) visiting the club.
5. Samia’s father is a
6. How does Samia first indicate to her husband that she has found the ring?
A.) She explains how the ring was lost.
B.) She raises her hand to show it to him.
C.) She tells him she is happy to report the ring has been found.
D.) She never tells him that she has found the ring.
Choose the correct form of the pronoun in parentheses.
7. (Who, Whom) are you going to the park with?
True or False
8. The following sentence contains sensory description: As I bit into the apple, the juice dripped down my chin and through my fingers.
I only know the answers to a few. Will you please help me with the rest.
- English Please help - Writeacher, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 8:36pm
It won't do any good to repost all this if you don't pay attention to what Ms. Sue already wrote you.
- English Please help - Deborah, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:22pm
I wanted a second opinion.
- English Please help - Deborah, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:33pm
I am very thankful for the help that you guys have always given me, but just because Ms. Sue hasn't read the story doesn't mean somebody else can't help me. I was just trying to get help. Thanks anyway.
- English Please help - Writeacher, Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 9:04am
1. I was referring to #s 7 and 8, primarily. You have the same wrong answers there that you have in your first post.
2. I don't even know the name of the first story you're referring to -- for questions 1 and 2??
3. I haven't heard of or read the second story you're referring to.
- English Please help - english learner, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:50am
idk im sorry im trying to figure all this out too :(
- English Please help - TIGGA, Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 12:54pm
7. b (whom)
8. a (True)
These are all correct, I just took the test!Hope to help someone out in the future.
- English Please help - Arabella, Friday, January 29, 2016 at 8:20am
TIGGA is right. These re all true
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English ( Another evening at the club) - 1. Why is there no charity in Mithila...
- English - 1. Dick and Terry started to raise money. 2. Dick and Terry started to...
- donating to charity - What are the pros and cons of donating to charity? my ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you very much for ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. I have to check the ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. They are really urgent. 1...
- Social studies PLEASE HELP CHECK MY ANSWERS PLEASE - please check my answer I ...
- English - I urgenlty need to know which alternatives are possible. I know the ...
- English - Why do you save money? 1. I save money to buy a fancy bike. 2. I save ...
- MATHS - Please help..urgently.. A charity collected 20 cent and 50 cent coins ...