Posted by Naibe on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 11:21pm.
You are planning to build a walkway that surrounds a rectangular garden that is 10ft by 9ft. The width of the walkway around the garden is unknown, but it will be the same on every side.
a)what is the perimeter of the walkway along the outer edge ?
b) what is the combined area of the garden and the walkway ?
c)find the combined area when the width of the walkway is 4ft
- Algebra - Reiny, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 12:19am
length = 10 ft
width = 9 ft
garden including walkway:
length = 10+2x
width = 9+2x
a) perimeter = 2(10+2x) + 2(9+2x)
= 20 + 4x + 18 + 4x
= 8x + 38
b) area of whole thing
= 90 + 38x + 4x^2
c) when x=4
area according to formula = 90 + 38(4) + 4(4^2) = 306
area using arithmetic:
length = 18
width = 17
area = 18x17=306
- Algebra - Naibe, Friday, March 1, 2013 at 12:45am
The length of a rectangular rug is twice its width. The rug is centered in a rectangular room. Each edge is 3ft. From the nearest wall. What is the area of the room?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - You are planning to build a walkway that surrounds a rectangular garden ...
- Algebra - A rectangle garden is to be surrounded by a walkway of constant width...
- MATH: Pre-Cal/Trig - The length of a rectangular flower garden is 6 more feet ...
- math word problem - A rectangle garden is 30 ft by 40 ft. Part of the garden is ...
- Algebra 1 - Adam wants to create a square garden with a walkway on all four ...
- math - Mrs. Clarkson designed a rectangular garden with a length of 15 meters ...
- Trig - Please EXPLAIN the steps on how to solve these problems. Please provide ...
- Multiplying Binomials - You are planning a rectangular garden. Its length is ...
- algebra - you are planning a rectangular dining pavilion. its length is three ...
- algebra 2 - suppose you have an outdoor pool measuring 25ft by 10ft. you want to...