Posted by Anon on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:29pm.
Sort each of the following events based on whether the solubility of the indicated gas will increase, decrease, or stay the same. Each phrase specifies the gas involved and the change in its environment.
1. The temperature is increased
2.the partial pressure of an anesthetic gas is increased
3.O2: temperature of a body when water rises
4. the pressure of a gas over a solvent is increased
5. air in blood: a diver descends 10m and pressure increase by 1 am
Please help me and tell me which ones gas solubility increase, decrease or the gas stays the same.
I got 1 and 5 for decrease.
The 2, 3, 4 for increase.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:42pm
Examine your post. I don't believe it is complete.
- Chemistry - Need Help!, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:12pm
It is complete, for each number said if it belongs to gas solubility increase, decrease or the gas stays the same.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:28pm
I still don't unerstand but
1. Generally gases decr4eae solubility as T of liquid increases.
2. Generally as partial pressure of gas increases the solubility increases.
3. I have absolutely no idea what this is talking about.
4. solubility increased.
5. Solubility of O2^N2(air) increases.
- Chemistry - Devron, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:38pm
I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused by the initial post.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 4:46pm
Gas solubility increases:
1) Air in blood: a diver descends 10M, ad pressure increases by 1 atm.
2) The pressure of a gas over a solvent is increased.
3)The particle pressure of an anesthetic gas is increased.
Gas solubility decreases:
1) O2: The temperature of a body of water rises.
2) THe temperature is increased.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, May 16, 2016 at 7:12am
none of these are right!!!!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - What will happen to the number of moles of SO3 in equilibrium with ...
- accounting - Identify whether a debit or credit yields the indicated change for ...
- science - If the student opened the bag after the above experiment, what would ...
- chem - 1) If more reactant is added to a gaseous reaction at equilibrium, what ...
- Chemistry 20 - a) If the pressure and volume of a gas both increase, will the ...
- Chemistry - Shown below is the chemical equation for the thermal decomposition ...
- accounting, correction - Can someone correct these for me thanks I'll appreciate...
- chemistry - which of the following steps in the formation of KCI releases energy...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, the solubility of gas in water at 2.04 is ...
- Science 8th Grade - 1. How Will resistance change when the voltage increases in ...