Posted by Anon on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:29pm.
Sort each of the following events based on whether the solubility of the indicated gas will increase, decrease, or stay the same. Each phrase specifies the gas involved and the change in its environment.
1. The temperature is increased
2.the partial pressure of an anesthetic gas is increased
3.O2: temperature of a body when water rises
4. the pressure of a gas over a solvent is increased
5. air in blood: a diver descends 10m and pressure increase by 1 am
Please help me and tell me which ones gas solubility increase, decrease or the gas stays the same.
I got 1 and 5 for decrease.
The 2, 3, 4 for increase.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:42pm
Examine your post. I don't believe it is complete.
Chemistry - Need Help!, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:12pm
It is complete, for each number said if it belongs to gas solubility increase, decrease or the gas stays the same.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:28pm
I still don't unerstand but
1. Generally gases decr4eae solubility as T of liquid increases.
2. Generally as partial pressure of gas increases the solubility increases.
3. I have absolutely no idea what this is talking about.
4. solubility increased.
5. Solubility of O2^N2(air) increases.
Chemistry - Devron, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:38pm
I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused by the initial post.
Chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 4:46pm
Gas solubility increases:
1) Air in blood: a diver descends 10M, ad pressure increases by 1 atm.
2) The pressure of a gas over a solvent is increased.
3)The particle pressure of an anesthetic gas is increased.
Gas solubility decreases:
1) O2: The temperature of a body of water rises.
2) THe temperature is increased.
Chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, May 16, 2016 at 7:12am
none of these are right!!!!!!!
Chemistry - George, Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:26am
What unit is an "am"?
Chemistry - George, Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:27am
What unit is the gas in number 1?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - What will happen to the number of moles of SO3 in equilibrium with ...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, the solubility of gas in water at 2.04 is ...
- Chemistry - Shown below is the chemical equation for the thermal decomposition ...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, the solubility of N_2 gas in water at 2.38...
- Chemistry 20 - a) If the pressure and volume of a gas both increase, will the ...
- chemistry - A sample of gas has increased in temperature from 20° Celsius to 22...
- accounting - Identify whether a debit or credit yields the indicated change for ...
- chem - 1) If more reactant is added to a gaseous reaction at equilibrium, what ...
- chemistry - 1) If the kelvin temperature of a gas sample in a steel tank ...
- Chemistry - To increase the solubility of a gas at constant temperature from 1....