Posted by Thank You on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:19pm.
Aroldis Chapman throws a baseball towards a batter from a height of 2.3 m, the batter is 17.5m away from the release point. The initial velocity is directed 1.8 degrees below the horizontal.
Ignore air resistance.
(a) What must the initial speed of the ball be if the pitch is to arrive at the batter exactly 1.00 m above the ground?
(b) How long does it take the ball to reach the batter?
(c) If there were no gravity, at what angle would the pitch have to be thrown?
- Physics - brian, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:14pm
- Physics - BrianS., Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:26pm
actually, you are wrong brian. it is 47.34 m/s idiot. wow you are dumb. How could you even get that answer?
- Physics - Joel, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:27pm
you are both retarded. its 47.2
- Physics - ErinR., Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:32pm
Gise, u r retarted. It is 334.7 obvisely idiats.
- Physics - Joel's Lab Partner, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:34pm
Joel is right.
- Physics - Random Citizen, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:35pm
I'm with his lab partner here.
- Physics - Kylie, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 5:35pm
Brian is right.
- Physics - Logan, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 3:22pm
can anyone explain how they got their answer?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a pitching machine throws a baseball at a batter with an initial ...
- physics - A batter hits a ball, causing it to leave the bat at 135 m/s and at an...
- physics - A pitcher throws a baseball to a batter at 95 mph from a distance, d, ...
- Physics - I posted this question before and i really need help on it... A ...
- physics - A batter hits a baseball at a speed of 38.0 m/s and an angle of 65.0^\...
- Physics - A 0.15 kg baseball is thrown towards a batter with a velocity of 40 m/...
- Precalculus - For this problem, we will use the formula for position of an ...
- Physics - A baseball is thrown from the roof of a 22.3 m tall building with an ...
- physics - A baseball pitcher throws a fastball at 51.6 m/s. If the batter is 18 ...
- physics - You are at a baseball game and the pticher throws a fast ball that ...