Posted by Vanessa on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 2:40pm.
State whether the command is formal ("Ud.") or informal ("tú"). Come la sopa.
Hable más despacio.
No compres más ropa.
Beba m�s agua.
No vengas tarde.
- Spanish;CHECK? - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 2:44pm
I'll send this to Sra.
- Spanish;CHECK? - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:51pm
Here's a short review of informal and formal.
The affirmative informal familiar command, (tú) if it is regular, is EXACTLY like the 3rd person singular. hablar = habla / comer = come / recibir = recibe. If it is irregular that form is short: venir = ven / salir = sal / hacer = haz / poner = pon / tener = ten (for examples)
The negative informal familiar command is like the Subjunctive (or opposite vowel): hablar = no hables / comer = no comas / recibir = no recibas
All formal commands (Ud./Uds.) either singular or plural use the Subjunctive, or "the opposite vowel": hablar = hable / no hable / comer = coma / no coma / redibir = reciba / no reciba
Many irregular formal commands are based on the "yo form of the Present Indicative: tener = tenga / no tenga / salir = salga / no salga (for just 2 examples)
Now look again, and it would be easier to refer to these if they had numbers.
2. wrong = this is the negative familiar (tú) command. The way you identify the tú verb is the "s" marker.
3. wrong = this is the formal command, using the opposite vowel of an -er verb
Feel free to ask any question you may still have.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish Help - Hola! Can you check my work and tell me if it's all right? State ...
- American Government - Check answers? 1) What is the main difference between the ...
- Anthropology - What are the formal and informal mechanisms of social control? ...
- Spanish Homework - Hi! I was wondering if someone can check my answers? Thanks! ...
- business communication - The language style of minutes reflects the type of ...
- principle of management - An announcement of the company-sponsored picnic ...
- principle of management - 10. An announcement of the company-sponsored picnic ...
- Sociology - When a parent gives a child a time-out for misbehavior, the parent ...
- principle of management - Posted by vedrana on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 9:39am...
- English+ check!!! - from informal to formal: Informal: After work, Rebecca hung ...