Posted by Leah on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:09am.
Identify the term that best describes the words/phrases in parentheses.
1. The teacher asked her pupils to (stay) put during the screening of the documentary.
2. The committee judged the logo (the most appropriate symbol) for the associationís mission.
3. Rashidís speech was both an (analysis) and a (satire) of the school system today.
compound direct object
compound predicate nominative
4. (Most of the passengers) were issued new plane tickets for the same day.
5. (Transporting pollen) is the worker beesí job.
6. Meteors, (known as shooting stars), may be seen on almost any clear night.
7. The microphone (that he used) had a cord attached to it.
8. (If you take a trip to Mount Vernon), you will be taken back two centuries into the past.
9. (My mother reported) that she had found a new apartment for us.
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:29am
I'll be happy to check your answers for you.
- English - Leah, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:33am
1. linking verb?
2. objective complement?
3. compound predicate nominative?
4. complete subject?
5. gerund phrase?
6. appositive phrase?
7. noun clause?
8. adverbial clause?
9. independent clause?
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:39am
1 and 7 are incorrect. The others are correct.
Answer this Question
English-Grammar - Identify the word or words the best describes the underlined(...
Grammer Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
english - I am to identify 3 words or phrases in the Canada anthem and explain. ...
English - Is there any easy way to figure out how to identify participial ...
Information Literacy - 1-When choosing your search strategy for a search engine...
Best words that describe..... - What's a word that describes "to put things in ...
Logic - Choose the pair of words/phrases among the choices that exhibits the ...
English - So I'm working on an english paper but I've been stuck the past hour ...
informal logics - Choose the pair of words/phrases among the choices that ...
ECE 430 - Choose the pair of words/phrases among the choices that exhibits the ...