Posted by Leah on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:09am.
Identify the term that best describes the words/phrases in parentheses.
1. The teacher asked her pupils to (stay) put during the screening of the documentary.
2. The committee judged the logo (the most appropriate symbol) for the associationís mission.
3. Rashidís speech was both an (analysis) and a (satire) of the school system today.
compound direct object
compound predicate nominative
4. (Most of the passengers) were issued new plane tickets for the same day.
5. (Transporting pollen) is the worker beesí job.
6. Meteors, (known as shooting stars), may be seen on almost any clear night.
7. The microphone (that he used) had a cord attached to it.
8. (If you take a trip to Mount Vernon), you will be taken back two centuries into the past.
9. (My mother reported) that she had found a new apartment for us.
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:29am
I'll be happy to check your answers for you.
- English - Leah, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:33am
1. linking verb?
2. objective complement?
3. compound predicate nominative?
4. complete subject?
5. gerund phrase?
6. appositive phrase?
7. noun clause?
8. adverbial clause?
9. independent clause?
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:39am
1 and 7 are incorrect. The others are correct.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - 3 The teacher asked the class to STAY put while she went to the office...
- English - Thank you Ms. Sue and SraJMMcGin for your help. SraJMMcGin thanks for ...
- Language - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then...
- English - Okay got that one.. What about The cab driver was driving extremely ...
- 6th grade grammar - Can you check these sentences? Identify whether each ...
- English - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then, ...
- English - Identify the word that best describes the bolded word. The interviewer...
- English - Rennet is an extract made from the lining of a calf's fourth stomch. ...
- English - Which verb is the italicized word? The baby is (this is italicized) ...
- English - Since the sentence The cab driver was driving extremely fast down the ...