Posted by alexis on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:19pm.
The Bags and Luggage Company had the following account balances as of January 1:
Direct Materials Inventory $ 8,700
Work in Process Inventory 76,500
Finished Goods Inventory 53,000
Manufacturing Overhead - 0 -
During the month of January, all of the following occurred:
1. Direct labor costs were $49,000 for 1,800 hours worked.
2. Direct materials costing $28,000 and indirect materials costing $5,000 were purchased.
3. Sales commissions of $15,000 were earned by the sales force.
4. $22,000 worth of direct materials were used in production.
5. Advertising costs of $6,300 were incurred.
6. Factory supervisors earned salaries of $12,046.
7. Indirect labor costs for the month were $3,000.
8. Monthly depreciation on factory equipment was $4,500.
9. Utilities expense of $7,061 was incurred in the factory.
10. Luggage with manufacturing costs of $69,000 were transferred to finished goods.
11. Monthly insurance costs for the factory were $4,200.
12. $5,000 in property taxes on the factory were incurred and paid.
13. Luggage with manufacturing costs of $96,743 were sold for $175,897.
Assume If Bags and Luggage assigns manufacturing overhead of $34,400, what will be the balances in the Direct Materials, Work in Process, and Finished Goods Inventory accounts at the end of January?
Direct materials inventory $
Work in process inventory $
Finished goods inventory $
As of January 31, what will be the balance in the Manufacturing Overhead account?
What was Bags and Luggage's operating income for January?
- accounting - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 8:44pm
no one gonna help you
Answer this Question
math accounting - The following information was drawn from the accounting ...
Math 6th Grade Level - A baker bought 680,000 oz. of flour and packed the flour ...
math - in order for piece of rectangular luggage to fit in the overhead ...
math - a potato chip manufacturer has been accused of shortchanging their ...
Finance - 1) A potato chip manufacturer has been accused of shortchanging their ...
accounting - . XYZ Company reconciled the accounting books at the end of the ...
Accounting - The Dubuque Cement Company packs 80-pound bags of concrete mix. ...
English - What do you use to do your shopping in England? Plastic bags, carrier ...
Applied Calculus - In deciding whether o r not to setup a new manufacturing ...
accounting - How might a service company use accounting information systems? In ...