Posted by alexis on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:19pm.
The Bags and Luggage Company had the following account balances as of January 1:
Direct Materials Inventory $ 8,700
Work in Process Inventory 76,500
Finished Goods Inventory 53,000
Manufacturing Overhead - 0 -
During the month of January, all of the following occurred:
1. Direct labor costs were $49,000 for 1,800 hours worked.
2. Direct materials costing $28,000 and indirect materials costing $5,000 were purchased.
3. Sales commissions of $15,000 were earned by the sales force.
4. $22,000 worth of direct materials were used in production.
5. Advertising costs of $6,300 were incurred.
6. Factory supervisors earned salaries of $12,046.
7. Indirect labor costs for the month were $3,000.
8. Monthly depreciation on factory equipment was $4,500.
9. Utilities expense of $7,061 was incurred in the factory.
10. Luggage with manufacturing costs of $69,000 were transferred to finished goods.
11. Monthly insurance costs for the factory were $4,200.
12. $5,000 in property taxes on the factory were incurred and paid.
13. Luggage with manufacturing costs of $96,743 were sold for $175,897.
Assume If Bags and Luggage assigns manufacturing overhead of $34,400, what will be the balances in the Direct Materials, Work in Process, and Finished Goods Inventory accounts at the end of January?
Direct materials inventory $
Work in process inventory $
Finished goods inventory $
As of January 31, what will be the balance in the Manufacturing Overhead account?
What was Bags and Luggage's operating income for January?
No one has answered this question yet.
Answer this Question
Accounting - Cadzow Inc purchases all of its inventory on credit. On January 1, ...
Accounts - The USA Company manufactures flags in a single process. The following...
accounting - The following information is for X Company for 2009: Direct ...
accounting - P20-2A For the year ended December 31, 2010, the job cost sheets ...
business - On December 31 of last year, Wolfson Corporation had in inventory 400...
accounting - lightning industries, located in northern New England, specializes ...
Accounting - A company using the periodic inventory system has the following ...
Financial management - On December 31 of last year, Wolfson Corporation had in ...
accounting - Moreno Industries has adopted the following production budget for ...
Accounting for Managers - Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following ...
For Further Reading