Posted by Jerald on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 6:08pm.
Read each sentence then write whether the sentence is simple or not simple
My dog Buddy fetches the paper in the morning
The subway which runs under the city is a fast way to travel
Cici sings in the school choir
Jen talks on the phone and does her homework at the same time
When the train arrived vika boarded it quickly
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 6:12pm
The first 3 are correct.
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 6:13pm
Your first two are right. The second two are wrong.
The sentence about Jen has only one subject -- Jen.
The sentence about the train has two subjects and verbs.
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 6:14pm
Correction -- I can't count. Of course, Writeacher is correct -- the first 3 are correct.
- English - Jerald, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 6:16pm
The one about Jen is Simple and the one with Vika is not Simple?
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 6:17pm
It would help if the sentences were numbered!!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - All of the following statements about simple sentences are true except...
- english - I need help understanding simple subjects and simple predicates. The ...
- english - Write if the sentence is simple, compound,or complex. 1-I'd like to ...
- ENGLISH - 1.Is the group of words a simple sentence, a compound sentence, a run-...
- English grammar - I am confused on how to identify a sentence as a complex ...
- english - I need to find the simple subject and simple predicate: Every sentence...
- English - In 3–5 sentences, write down what you told someone in that ...
- english - In this sentence I am suppose to give the simple subject and simple ...
- English Help!!! Correcting Grammer - Choose the word in the following sentences...
- English-Grammar - Although he was born in Scotland, he became a hero of the ...