Posted by Nikki on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 3:55pm.
1/4a+2 + 4/6a+3
I got 14/6(2a+1)
but I don't think it is right
- math exam prep question - Steve, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 4:00pm
1/(4a+2) = 1/2(2a+1)
4/(6a+3) = 4/3(2a+1)
Now you have
1/2(2a+1) + 4/3(2a+1)
Change it all to be over 6(2a+1):
3/6(2a+1) + 8/6(2a+1) = 1/6(2a+1)
How did yo get 14?
forget the (2a+1) for now
1/2 + 4/3 = 3/6 + 8/6 = 11/6
- math exam prep question - Steve, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 4:01pm
oops. typo. that is 11/6(2a+1), not "1"
- math exam prep question - Nikki, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 4:05pm
oh yeah sorry for some reason i did 8+6/6(2a+1)...it should have been 11 thanks for the help:)
Answer this Question
- math exam prep question - Simplify: 1/4a+2 + 4/6a+3 I got 14/6(2a+1) but I don't...
- math exam prep question - how do u do 9x^2-30xy+2y^2 ?
- *****Help Statistic - Imagine taking a 10-question true or false exam. You ...
- Science/English/Math - I was selected to the Math Academy at my school. I have ...
- math exam prep question - determine the quadratic equation with x-3 sqrt of 2 ...
- Math - Expand and simplify. 2(3+4y+7) I got 8y + 20 but I don't think this is ...
- simplify - i need to simplify : does this mean just do the problems; here is ...
- preposition questions - i need to underline the preposition in each sentence ...
- math - can you check if i did these 3 problems right or not: -5 (a+2) i got: -3...
- science - Okay, Ms. Sue. I got this and I don't think that it is right. this is ...