Posted by Kelsey on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 3:08pm.
Tickets to the school musical cost $3 for students and $5 for non students. Total ticket sales were $1790. The number of student tickets sold was 100 less than twice the number of non student tickets sold.
Write a system of equations to represent this situation. Solve the system of equations. How many student tickets sold? How many non students?
Algebra 2 - Steve, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 3:10pm
3s+5n = 1790
s = 2n-100
(s,n) = (190,280)
Algebra 2 - loliza, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 10:28pm
5n + 3n = 1790
n= tickets sold for non student
2n-100 = tickets sold for student
5n + 3(2n-100)= 1790
5n + 6n - 300 = 1790
11n = 1790+300
So, substituting the value of n we 5(190)+ 3(2(190)-100) =1790
950 + 840 =1790
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The drama club raised a total of $1,123.50 selling tickets to its ...
- math - The total ticket sales for the school basketball game were $1625. Adult ...
- algebra - Ticket Prices Two hundred tickets were sold for a baseball game, which...
- algebra - A movie theater has 400 seats. Tickets at the theater cost $8 for ...
- Math - THe total ticket sales for the basketball game were $1,625.00. Adult ...
- math - if total ticket sales were $1625 adult tickets were $7.00 and student ...
- algebra 2 - 400 tickets were sold for a school play. General admission tickets ...
- Algebra - The cost for a student ticket to a basketball game is $1 and a non ...
- math - the students are selling tickets to the school fair. all tickets cost the...
- math - The drama club sold $779 worth of tickets to the school play. Student ...