Posted by Corie on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:21pm.
How do scientists calibrate a molecular clock? A)They determine the number of mutations accumulated in a gene of a species of known age. B)They compare the ticking of the molecular clock with that of the atomic clock. C)They use the clock that ticks at the appropriate rate for the divergence rate that they are trying to calculate. D)They compare the number of positive mutations that have occurred in a particular species with the number of negative mutations that have occurred.
My Answer: D
is this right?
Biology-Ms. Sue? - Corie, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:30pm
Ms. Sue can you check my answer plz?
Biology-anyone - Corie, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:33pm
can someone check my answer?
Biology - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:35pm
Biology is definitely not my field, but, after reading this site, I think A is the best answer.
Biology - Corie, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:36pm
ill check out the site :)
thanks ms sue
Biology - Jman, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:36pm
I think Your right. I'm not good at it either. Sorry if i get it wrong but that's my answer
Biology - Amina, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:59pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - What is a molecular clock? A)a tool scientists use to date fossils B)a...
- Geography - Think of compass rose as a clock with north at 12 o'clock. what ...
- math - If a clock tower strikes once at one o'clock,twice at two o'clock,thrice ...
- legal aid - with regard to statute of limitation the term "tolling" means A....
- physics - A clock has an aluminum pendulum with a period of 1.000 s at 20.2 °C. ...
- physics - A clock has an aluminum pendulum with a period of 1.000 s at 20.3 °C. ...
- Physics, relativity - I read this in a write-up of an experiment using atomic ...
- Math - Vera's clock runs fast so that the clock's hands move ahead an extra 10 ...
- 8th grade math - The time is now between 3 and 4 o'clock. Fifty-four minutes ago...
- math - The clock face in a famous clock tower has a radius of about 5 meters. ...