Posted by savannah on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:46pm.
calculate the wavelength (in nm) of the red light emitted by a neon sign with a frequency of 4.74 x 10^14 Hz. i have no idea how to even set this up. please someone help.
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:52pm
A common formula to change wavelength to frequency and frequency to wavelength uses the speed of light, c.
c = frequency x wavelength
c = 3E8 m/s
chemistry - savannah, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:57pm
so would i set it up (3.00 x 10^8)/(4.74 x 10^-7) ?
chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:09am
Almost.The problem list frequency as 4.74E14 and not 4.74E-7.
3E8 = 4.74E14*wavelength.
w = 3E8/4.74E14 = ? in meters.
Convert to nm.
chemistry - savannah, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:15am
and what is the formula to convert to nm?
chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:17am
1E9 nm = 1 m
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A 75 W light source consumes 75 W of electric power. Typically only ...
- Chemistry - Calculate the wavelength of the yellow light emitted by a Sodium ...
- Chemistry - E=hv E=energy h= Planck's constant =6.626 x 10^-34 v= frequency 1. ...
- Chemistry- Dr. Bob - Question 1 Calculate the wavelength (in nm) of the red ...
- physics - A 75 W light source consumes 75 W of electric power. Typically only ...
- physics - 5)a. Electrons accelerated by a potential difference of 12.23 V pass ...
- Chemistry (Electrons in Atoms) - The wavelength of visible light varies from 0....
- Science - 1.Infrared radiation has wavelengths ranging from about 800 nm to 1 mm...
- Physics - The wavelength of red light is about 7x10^-7m. The frequency of the ...
- Chem - Calculate the frequency associated with light of wavelength 656nm. (this ...