Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 8:44pm.
Which of the following is an independent clause?
Where Juan lived.
Because Juan was brave.
Juan's favorite adventure.
Juan explored the cave.
Which of the following groups of words is a clause?
to learn a new language
around the corner
waiting for the bell to ring
if the catcher dropped the ball
What is the phrase in the following sentence?
“While Darius listened to his favorite radio station, he read a sports magazine.”
While Darius listened
to his favorite radio station
a sports magazine
What is the base word in the word application?
Thanks ! I Just Need Help.... (:
- ENGLISH !(: - Writeacher, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 8:50pm
Here are some definitions.
phrase = two or more words that go together but have no subject or verb
clause = a group of words that form an idea and have a subject and verb
dependent clause = has a subj and verb, but is not a sentence on its own
independent clause - has a subj and verb and can be a sentence on its own (A simple sentence is one ind clause.)
Let us know what YOU THINK about each one you posted, and one of us will check your work for you.
- ENGLISH !(: - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 8:53pm
Juan explored the cave is an independent clause. It has a subject and a verb and expresses a complete though. It can stand alone as a complete sentence.
2. A clause has a subject and a verb. Which of your choices do you think is a clause?
3. A phrase does not have a subject and verb. This sentence has a prepositional phrase. Check this site for information about prepositional phrases.
Here's a list of prepositional phrases.
4. Check a dictionary for the base word of application.
- ENGLISH !(: - Sandy, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:00pm
the answer to which of the following groups of words is a clause is If the catcher dropped the ball. catcher is the subject, dropped the ball is the predicate dropped is the verb.
The answer to the qestion What is the phrase in the following sentence I believe is a sports magazine.....please let me know if this correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- language arts(CHECK ANSWERS) - please check my answer this is 4 question ! ...
- ALG 2! plz help urgent!! - Karen is 13 years older than Juan. The sum of their ...
- literature - Which of the following is not information we learn about Don Juan ...
- Language Art (Please Check) - i think its C. when does juan catch the bus for ...
- algebra - juan is 8 years than his sister rosa. one day, he tells rosa that he ...
- spanish - i was wondering if the following sentences correctly use the preterite...
- MATH - Juan makes $6.50 an hour plus an extra $15.25 per week. Last week he ...
- math - Juan makes $6.50 an hour plus an extra $15.25 per week. Last week he ...
- English - 1. In “The Censors,” Juan chooses to apply for a ob as a government ...
- Business Law - Juan thinks he would like to purchase Tara's house, but doesn't ...