Posted by beka on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:22pm.
How do you solve 41/2-1/4=?
- 4th grade math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:35pm
First, change 4 1/2 to 4 2/4 so that the two numbers have the same denominator.
4 2/4 - 1/4 = 4 1/4
- 4th grade math - beka, Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:37pm
My answer was 20 and 1/4
- 4th grade math - ana, Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:38pm
you find a common denominator, which is 4 in your case, and because you multiply 2 by 2 you have to multiply 41 by 2 as well, so you get 82/4-1/4, ok or do you need more help?
- 4th grade math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:45pm
If the original problem is 41/2 not 4 1/2, you're right.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade - 4th grader asks how to solve 8100/?=90
- math - I have been doing pascal triangle and do not know where this question ...
- 4th grade math - In helping my 4th grade grandson last night with his math, he ...
- 4th grade math - R^2 + R^2 + 16R + 64 = 144 solve for R.
- 4th grade math - write and solve a mixed number word problem
- Math - There are twice as many girls as boys in the 4th grade classes at Joe's ...
- 4th grade - can u help me solve 3.8+2-1.5
- geography - which country is the biggest (mongolia,china,southkorea,north korea...
- MATH - there are 400 students at smith Elementary school 1/4 of the students are...
- 4th grade Algebra - How to solve this problem. 3X-Y=12