In creating a new government, the Framers sought to
MY answer is (A)
(A) duplicate the best of English tradition and institutions.
(B) scrap everything British.
(C) create a democratic government.
(D) reaffirm their commitment to a monarchy.
I agree with all of your answers but am a physicist, not a history or government teacher.
Wait a minute. The House of representivives impeaches and the Senate tries and votes - shared resposibility
Thanks Damon though you are not an History or Government teacher you still helped and the suggested answer you gave was correct also THANKS again Damon.
1. Question : Indirect democracy differs from direct democracy in that
ANSWER ** THE PEOPLE ELECT REPRESENTATIVES
2. Question : Separation of powers entails three distinct branches of government so that
ANSWER ** one branch can prevent another branch from tyrannizing the majority.
3. Question : Under John Stuart Mill’s “harm principle,” government may regulate private activities
**** only when one’s actions cause harm to one’s self and/or others.
4. Question : Harold Lasswell defined politics as
****** “who gets what, when, and how.”
5. Question : Liberalism rests in a conception of equality whereby the government
******** must not choose one person’s good over another.
6. Question : The first English settlement of Jamestown, Virginia, was
**************** governed by the Virginia Company whose authority was granted by the King of England.
7. Question : The Connecticut Plan was called the Great Compromise because
**** it allowed states with larger populations to have more representatives in the House and each state to have the same number of votes in the Senate.
8. Question : In creating a new government, the Framers sought to
******** duplicate the best of English tradition and institutions.
9. Question : The purpose of the Constitutional Convention was to
***** revise the Articles of Confederation.
10. Question : Which of the following distinguished the New Jersey Plan from the Virginia Plan?
****** The New Jersey Plan divided power between the states and the national government.
9. The Connecticut Plan was called the Great Compromise because (Points : 1)
it allowed states with larger populations to have more representatives in the House and each state to have the same number of votes in the Senate.
it allowed slave states to keep their slaves.
it provided for a federal executive to be selected by the House.
it allowed for each state to cast one vote for President in the House.
Jefferson justified American separation from Britain in the Declaration of Independence based on (Points : 1)
some of these answers are wrong, do not trust them.
The most notable philosophies influencing America’s founding were
Answer this Question
AMERICAN GOVERMENT - Please help The weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation...
US History - Put this in order ____ Constitutional Convention ____ Northwest ...
History8 - Which of the following was NOT a reason the United States needed a ...
Social Studies - Can you answer these questions: 1. Under the Articles of ...
pol 201 - The Virginia Plan proposed all of the following except
POL 201 - Despite the greater federal authority in the federal relationship, ...
POL 201 American National Government - When the President vetoes a bill he (...
8gradeHistory - The Confederation Congress sold the nation’s western lands to ...
History Essay-english problem - In my opening sentence for my essay "Weaknesses ...
S.S - Shays' Rebellion made some Americans realized that the Article of ...