In creating a new government, the Framers sought to
MY answer is (A)
(A) duplicate the best of English tradition and institutions.
(B) scrap everything British.
(C) create a democratic government.
(D) reaffirm their commitment to a monarchy.
I agree with all of your answers but am a physicist, not a history or government teacher.
Wait a minute. The House of representivives impeaches and the Senate tries and votes - shared resposibility
Thanks Damon though you are not an History or Government teacher you still helped and the suggested answer you gave was correct also THANKS again Damon.
1. Question : Indirect democracy differs from direct democracy in that
ANSWER ** THE PEOPLE ELECT REPRESENTATIVES
2. Question : Separation of powers entails three distinct branches of government so that
ANSWER ** one branch can prevent another branch from tyrannizing the majority.
3. Question : Under John Stuart Mill’s “harm principle,” government may regulate private activities
**** only when one’s actions cause harm to one’s self and/or others.
4. Question : Harold Lasswell defined politics as
****** “who gets what, when, and how.”
5. Question : Liberalism rests in a conception of equality whereby the government
******** must not choose one person’s good over another.
6. Question : The first English settlement of Jamestown, Virginia, was
**************** governed by the Virginia Company whose authority was granted by the King of England.
7. Question : The Connecticut Plan was called the Great Compromise because
**** it allowed states with larger populations to have more representatives in the House and each state to have the same number of votes in the Senate.
8. Question : In creating a new government, the Framers sought to
******** duplicate the best of English tradition and institutions.
9. Question : The purpose of the Constitutional Convention was to
***** revise the Articles of Confederation.
10. Question : Which of the following distinguished the New Jersey Plan from the Virginia Plan?
****** The New Jersey Plan divided power between the states and the national government.
9. The Connecticut Plan was called the Great Compromise because (Points : 1)
it allowed states with larger populations to have more representatives in the House and each state to have the same number of votes in the Senate.
it allowed slave states to keep their slaves.
it provided for a federal executive to be selected by the House.
it allowed for each state to cast one vote for President in the House.
Jefferson justified American separation from Britain in the Declaration of Independence based on (Points : 1)
POL 201 American National Government - When the President vetoes a bill he (...
AMERICAN GOVERMENT - Please help The weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation...
American National Government - What is the American political system's greatest ...
American Goverment - In the United States, the emphasis on individual rights ...
Goverment - Who runs the national goverment?
pol 125 - American National Government - what extent the war on terror ...
POL 201 - The federal system can be thought of as a marble cake because
american goverment - among the broad purposes of the united states goverment ...
POL 201 - For Max Weber, the bureaucracy was the highest form of rationality ...
POL 201 - Separation of powers entails three distinct branches of government so ...