Posted by thad on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:38pm.
Write the balanced equation of the reaction described below. Include the states (s, l, aq, g) for the reactants and products.
When aqueous calcium chloride and sodium phosphate are mixed, solid calcium phosphate and acqueous sodium chloride are produced.
chemistry - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:00pm
CaCl2 (aq) + Na3PO4 (s) >> Ca3(PO4)2 (s) + NaCl (aq)
Balancing it is easy. go to the most complicated formula, and wort from there.
it is Ca3(PO4)2
so you need three Ca on left then.
3 CaCl2 + Na3PO4 >> Ca3(PO4)2 + NaCl
Now consider the phosphates in the complicated calcium phosphate: two of them.
3CaCl2 + 2Na3PO4 >> Ca3(PO4)2 + NaCl
now clean it up. first, Cl
you need two Cl in NaCl...
3CaCl2 + 2Na3PO4 >> Ca3(PO4)2 + 2NaCl
done. reinsert the states from above.
chemistry - thad, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:04pm
but that's wrong because sodium is not balanced
chemistry - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:13pm
Right. You need six NaCl. sometimes we introduce obvious errors to keep student from copying and pasting.
chemistry - thad, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:33pm
but that's my problem I don't know how to get Na balanced
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A precipitate of calcium phosphate is formed when aqueous solutions ...
- Chemistry - Bones are mostly calcium phosphate. Calcium chloride reacts with ...
- Chemistry - 1) When aqueous solutions of cupric chloride and sodium phosphate ...
- Chemistry - Write the following into a balanced equation. a) When a mixture of ...
- chemistry - write a balanced chemical reaction for the reaction of aqueous ...
- Chemistry - Write the net ionic equation for this reaction occurring in water: ...
- Chemistry (stoichiometry) - 18.5 grams of calcium chloride reacts with 25.7 ...
- Chemistry - Calcium can also be precipitated out of the solution by adding ...
- Chemistry Help - Write a balanced equation for the reaction between an aqueous ...
- chemistry - ARe these chemical formulas correct? monocalcium phosphate: CaPO4 ...