Posted by Krissy on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 9:33am.
I have a few more questions that I'm not understanding. Its multiple choice however I would appreciate a breakdown on how to solve.
1.Evaluate without a calculator, using the order of operations. -2^2+20-|8-20|-squareroot of 64
2.Simplify the expression. Square root of -16
d. Not a real number
- College Algebra - Reiny, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 10:27am
-2^2+20-|8-20|-squareroot of 64
= -4 + 20 - 12 - 8
√-16 ----> not a real number
( in your first one, notice the difference between
-2^2 and (-2)^2 )
- College Algebra - Steve, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 10:29am
since x^2 >= 0 for all real x,
√-16 = 4i, a complex number
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- College Algebra - I have a few more questions that I'm not understanding. Its ...
- College Algebra help!!! - I have to solve each equation using a u substitution ...
- Algebra - I need some help figuring these. Compute each product and simplify ...
- Algebra - I need some help figuring these. Compute each product and simplify the...
- Stats - An instructor gives a test with 20 multiple choice questions. There are ...
- Algebra Multiple Choice - Hello, This is the last of questions I have for my ...
- Algebra multiple choice! - I have a few questions I need help with! Please ...
- calculus - Use the function given to answer the following questions. g(x)= 2 x-2...
- Algebra Multiple choice revised!! HELP - I have a few questions I need help with...
- Algebra 1 - The everton college store paid $1668 for an order of 44 calculators...