posted by Kristen on .
I need some help with a few problems. They are multiple choice but need a breakdown on how I can work the problems. Thanks for your help!
1. Factor the trinomial completely. 10x^2 + 11x-6
2. Compute as indicated. Write answers in lowest terms. 9/2s+9/4s^2
3. Simplify the expression, assuming that the variable can represent any real number -(8a^3/27)^4/3
a. - 16a^4/81
b. - 81/16a^4
4. Use the properties of exponents to simplify the expression. Write the answer using positive exponents only.. (a*b^-4/c^-7)^3
5. Reduce to lowest terms x-3/3-x
1.10x^2+15x-4x-6 b should be split in such
a way that the product is equal to ac and the sum should be equal to b.
2.Find the LCM
both 3 s get cancelled and we have 16a^4/81
4. Problem is not clear regarding powers and signs.
5.Take out minus sign from Numeratorand we will have -1 while everything gets cancelled
5, Doesn't x-3=-(3-x) ?
4. look at the a term a^3 has to appear in the answer. No answer is correct. Now if the problem is ((ab)^-4)c^-7)^3, then you have to have a^-12 or 1/a^12. Again, no answer is correct.
3. what is -cubrt(8a^3/27) ? now raise that to the 4th power (square it twice).
2. lowest term is 9s/2 (1+s2)
1. Let x=1. compute the trinomial. Now mentally check each answer with x=1. Which is the same?