Posted by Barb on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 7:36pm.
Barb is making a bead necklace. She strings 1 white bead, then 3 blue beads, then 1 white bead, and so on. Write the numbers for the first eight beads that are white. What is the rule for the pattern.
Please help me explain this to my 4th grader
- 4th grade math - PsyDAG, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:05pm
If Barb starts with a white bead, then a white bead will occur in every subsequent fourth bead. So it will be 1 + 4(7) to find the number of beads strung to get 8 white beads.
I hope this helps.
- 4th grade math - kaitlyn, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9:30pm
If he starts with a white bead every fourth time boommtheres a white head 1_234_5_678_9_
1, 5, 9
- 4th grade math - kineda, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 6:41pm
- 4th grade math - Caitlynn, Monday, December 16, 2013 at 7:43pm
I am having the same problem and my homework is due tomorrow!
- 4th grade math - Joker, Monday, December 16, 2013 at 7:48pm
- 4th grade math - Molly, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 4:35pm
i don't get what u Kineda is saying idk what kaitlyn is saying idk what psydag is saying either
- 4th grade math - Molly, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 4:39pm
I don't know what the rule is
- 4th grade math - Molly, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 4:48pm
oh i know now xD
- 4th grade math - Anonymous, Monday, November 17, 2014 at 8:28pm
- 4th grade math - annonymous, Monday, January 5, 2015 at 7:33pm
So what I think is that first you havr to add 4 to the number you are starting with and keep on going. Basically you are skip counting by 4 but is starting on the number you are given.
- 4th grade math - Denisse, Friday, March 13, 2015 at 1:47am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Barb is making a bead necklace. She strings 1 white bead, then 3 blue ...
- math - Barb is making a big necklace she screams one white be done 3 blue beads ...
- math - eddie made a beaded necklace for his mother. every third bead is blue. ...
- 6th Grade Math - It takes 56 colored beads to make a necklace. The beads are ...
- math - juile is making a nacklace out of red, green, and white beads. she ...
- 6th grade math - Cameron is making bead necklaces. Hehas 90 green beads Nd 108 ...
- Math - cameron is making bead necklaces. he has 90 green beads and 108 blue ...
- math - A bracelet is made of yellow, green, blue, purple and red beads in that ...
- Math - Hannah makes necklaces. She has a box of 26 green beads, 42 yellow beads...
- math - There are 25 red beads,x blue beads and y green beads in a box.When a ...