Barb is making a bead necklace. She strings 1 white bead, then 3 blue beads, then 1 white bead, and so on. Write the numbers for the first eight beads that are white. What is the rule for the pattern.
- 4th grade math - PsyDAG, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:05pm
If Barb starts with a white bead, then a white bead will occur in every subsequent fourth bead. So it will be 1 + 4(7) to find the number of beads strung to get 8 white beads.
I hope this helps.
- 4th grade math - kaitlyn, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9:30pm
If he starts with a white bead every fourth time boommtheres a white head 1_234_5_678_9_
1, 5, 9
- 4th grade math - kineda, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 6:41pm
- 4th grade math - Caitlynn, Monday, December 16, 2013 at 7:43pm
I am having the same problem and my homework is due tomorrow!
- 4th grade math - Joker, Monday, December 16, 2013 at 7:48pm
- 4th grade math - Molly, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 4:35pm
i don't get what u Kineda is saying idk what kaitlyn is saying idk what psydag is saying either
- 4th grade math - Molly, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 4:39pm
I don't know what the rule is
- 4th grade math - Molly, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 4:48pm
oh i know now xD
- 4th grade math - annonymous, Monday, January 5, 2015 at 7:33pm
So what I think is that first you havr to add 4 to the number you are starting with and keep on going. Basically you are skip counting by 4 but is starting on the number you are given.
- 4th grade math - Denisse, Friday, March 13, 2015 at 1:47am
- 4th grade math - Anonymous, Monday, November 23, 2015 at 7:51pm
1 then 333 then 1 then 333 and so on
- 4th grade math - KAVS, Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 7:18pm
The correct answer is 1,5,9,13,17,21,25,29.
- 4th grade math - ggvh hvhvhv, Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 11:00pm
- 4th grade math - Carebear, Monday, December 21, 2015 at 5:03pm
What is the pattern?!!😣
- 4th grade math - Danica, Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 4:51pm
After using 29 beads you will have have 8 white beads they will be beads #'s 1,5,9,13,17,21,24, and 29. :)
- 4th grade math - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 8:11am
Danica. .. 24 should be 25