Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:22pm.
This is a continuation of a math problem I posted earlier. I'm a little confused by this question.
From your equation, when during the day would the temperature be 30C? (2 marks)
The equation I obtained was: T(t) = 5.9 sin( πt/12 + 7π/6 ) + 27
Any help would be appreciated!
- Math - bobpursley, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:39pm
so Theta=arcsin(3 /5.9)= arcsin( 0.508474576)
Theta=PI/6+.01 or theta=PI-PI/6-.01
so solve for t.
12/PI= t+14 check that
t=12/pi-14 gives negative t
- Math - Reiny, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 8:32pm
5.9 sin( πt/12 + 7π/6 ) + 27 = 30
sin( πt/12 + 7π/6 ) =3/5.9 = .508447..
set your calculator to radians.
πt/12 + 7π/6 = .53341233 or 2.60818
πt/12 = -3.131779 or πt/12 = -1.057011
t = -11.9625 or -4.037485
now, if you recall, the period of your function was 24 hours, (I helped you with this)
so if we add 24 to each of our answers
so we have t = 12.037 or t = 19.9625
t = 12.037
T(12.037) = 5.9sin(12.037π/12 +7π/6) = 30
t = 19.9625
T(19.9625) = 5.9sin(19.9625π/12 + 7π/6) + 27 = 30
If you make a sketch, you will find a min at t=4, a max at t=16
so the two answers on either side of t=16 make sense.
- Math - Anonymous, Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:11pm
Thanks once again! You guys are lifesavers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grade 9 GEOGRAPHY - I posted a question earlier about the sensitive tourist I am...
- Chemistry - I misread the question i posted earlier. The equation is Pb(OH)2 (s...
- Math - I posted this problem the other day and someone answered it but when I ...
- CALCULUS - 9. Suppose an experimental population of amoeba increases according ...
- Math - Outside temperature over a day can be modelled as a sinusoidal function. ...
- Linear Equation - I posted a question below but forgot to put in the equation! ...
- Math - Whoever can help with a question I posted earlier. I am very sorry; I put...
- confused calc - dy/dx=2y^2 and if y=-1 when x=1, then when x=2, y=? (you already...
- dr.bob222 - when you get a small little chance can you check my math in last ...
- Math - A scientist is monitoring the temperature of a holding tank containing ...