Posted by awesome on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 10:46am.
John Yinger thinks that the natural-born clause should be removed because (1 point)it makes international policy more difficult.
it goes against a central principle of American democracy.
it damages the relationship between American citizens and immigrant communities.
2. What do natural-born citizens and naturalized citizens have in common? (1 point)Both can run for president.
Both are citizens of the United States.
Both are born in the United States.
3. Which statement shows a contrast between the two opinions in the first selection? (1 point)The Constitution should be amended.
America is open to foreign-born citizens.
The president should be loyal to our country.
4. You would expect an authoritarian person to
(1 point)respect individual freedom.
ask for other people's opinions.
demand total obedience.
5. When Nicholas Gage says Miss Hurd "nearly dragged" him onto his life's path, he is using (1 point)comparison.
6. In "The Teacher Who Changed My Life," the author is trying to persuade readers that
(1 point)immigrants face lots of difficulties.
schoolteachers are not appreciated enough.
he owes his success to Miss Hurd.
7. Which of the following sentences contains a compound predicate? (1 point)The author's mother died to help her children emigrate.
Miss Hurd was strict, yet encouraging.
The author answered the phone and heard his teacher's voice.
8. Which of the following sentences contains a compound subject?
(1 point)The author and her sister were dropped at their new school.
The principal was a grim-looking man.
The author did not understand the purpose of hobbies and clubs.
- language arts - Writeacher, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 10:53am
Please note that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over what YOU THINK and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think each answer is.
- language arts - solange, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 11:59am
sorry i thought i knew the answers but i dnt
- language arts - Writeacher, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 12:40pm
Read and study your text books or other course study materials. Then try them.
- language arts - Simba, Friday, December 20, 2013 at 11:41am
I just took this quiz and got 100% on it! :)
- language arts - uniden, Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 8:29pm
The answers are
- language arts - Mileena, Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 6:34pm
I have just did the quiz and Simba was Wrong I capitalized the right answers that I had wrong.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- language arts - john yinger thinks thinks the natual-born clause should be ...
- 7th grade LA help asap!!? - Hi, can someone check my answers asap!!?? Questions ...
- american goverment - 5. Which of the following policies represents current ...
- Language Arts - Which of the following passages from the novel best illustrates ...
- am i right? :/ ss - 1. Why did African American urban communities develop? (...
- language arts/ social studies - my friend and i have been trying to figure out ...
- American government - which of the following was one compromise related to the ...
- Language Arts - .2 Based on what you know about feelings between the American ...
- Civics - Which best describes how factors such as natural resources, physical ...
- American Constitutional Law - The Fourteenth Amendment’s Due Process Clause ...