Posted by Robin on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 7:00pm.
There is also a graph i can't move it.
Building Isochrons and Determining the Ages of Three Rocks
Page 15 of 17
For each of the three rocks listed below follow these steps to determine the rock's age of formation.
1. Prepare an isochron by plotting the points that represent the amounts of isotopes Rb-87 and Sr-87. (The values are RATIOS of parent and daughter to the stable isotope, Sr-86. Mass spectrometers measure ratios and not absolute amounts.) Plotting Instructions
2. Click "Verify Points" and then use the "regressor" to find the slope and intercept of the line that Best Fits the points. The process, called "Least Squares," will result in the best value for the slope. Regressor Instructions
3. The age of the rock will be calculated for you. After you minimize the error term, click the "Verify Age" button, and if age is OK, transfer the rock's age to the table on the right. After completing table, click the "Next" button to receive your CERTIFICATE of completion as a Geochronologist.
Age (Million years)
Granite Scottish Highlands
Gabbro Sudburry, Canada
- Geology - Anonymous, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 11:43am
- Geology - Anonymous, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 11:44am
- Geology - Anonymous, Friday, March 22, 2013 at 10:02pm
Plot the point, verify them, it will tell you if they are good, and for the age verificacion is quitte the same.
Answer this Question
Geology - I know that Divergent margins, also known as rifting or spreading ...
precalculus - is solving this possible graph each function with its parent graph...
Physics - a graph of an object moving a line (+ axes)on acceleration-time graph...
geology - why do planets appear to move with respect to stars?
Pre-calc - I am given the graph of y=f(x) and I am asked to sketch the graph of ...
graphs - how do i graph y=1/2x-3 well according to the equation y = mx + b, ...
algebra - Graph the system of inequalities x¡Ü2 y¡Ý-2x+4 I am having trouble ...
Precalc - In this function, f(x)= [2/(x-3)]+1: I know it is a rational function ...
Geology - The importance of science of geology to us as a civilization
Geology - Isochron Diagrams Page 14 of 17 On the control part of the graph ...