Posted by selly on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 11:36am.
A pressure vessel contains a large volume of CO2 gas at 10 atm pressure. A membrane composed of a poly(ether ketone) polymer with thickness 100 microns and net effective area of 100 cm2 covers a small perforated port in the container. The solubility of CO2 at 10 atm is 6.97 x 10-4 moles/cm3 at 35 ∘C. The diffusivity of CO2 in the polymer is known to be 2.29 x 10-8 cm2/s at this temperature. How long will it take for 0.001 moles of CO2 to leak from the container at steady-state? Assume that the amount of carbon dioxide in the surroundings is insignificant. Express your answer in hours.
(b) If the diffusivity is observed to double when the temperature is increased by 10 degrees C, what is the activation energy for diffusion? Express your answer in units of eV.
- Chemistry - anonymous, Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 8:43am
- Chemistry - p, Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 11:06am
- Chemistry - ., Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 3:42pm
yes, we need help
- Chemistry - .., Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 4:11pm
anyone? I am one percent away from A, this question left
- Chemistry - helpmeimbad, Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 6:56pm
you should be ashamed of yourself
- Chemistry - someguy, Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 12:31am
- Chemistry - selly, Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:39am
- Chemistry - qwerty, Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:06pm
- Chemistry - ssss, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 6:52pm
You have 333 mL of alkaline solution at pH = 11.1. You wish to neutralize this by reacting it with 222 mL of acid. What must be the value of the pH of the acid?
Answer this Question
Chemistry - A 225 g sample of xenon is placed in a 15.6 L stainless steel vessel...
chemistry - a pressure vessel contains a large volume of cn2 gas at 10atm ...
AP Chemistry - Three gases, xenon, helium, and hydrogen are confined in a 10.0 L...
Chemistry. - Ca(HCO3)2(s) decomposes at elevated temperatures according to the ...
chemistry - a pressure vessel contain a large volume of co2
chemistry - ind the partial pressure of oxygen in a sealed vessel that has a ...
Chemistry - 4 L of oxygen at a pressure of 400 Kpa and 1L of nitrogen at 200 Kpa...
chemistry - The vapor pressure of water at 80 degrees c is 355mmHg. A 100cm3 ...
chemistry - A sample of a saturated hydrocarbon is placed in a 1.0L vessel at ...
chemistry - A 5 liter vessel contains 2g of hydrogen and 28g of nitrogen at 27c...