Posted by Chemgam on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 2:41am.
Consider the following surfactants:
(a) Which are nonionic surfactants?
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 8:51am
- Chemistry - lena, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 9:25am
OOOOO SORRY B AND E
- Chemistry - Chemgam, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 9:55am
Thank you for a)
Any ideas for
(b) Which are likely to have much lower critical micelle concentrations?
(c) Which surfactant is more likely to form non-spherical micelles?
The surface tension versus concentration for a surfactant in aqueous solution is shown below. The surface tension versus concentration naturally divides into two different regions, A and B.
(d) What phenomena divides region A from B?
i)Critical micelle concentration
ii)Intermolecular Bond Strength
(e) You wish to use a solution of this surfactant in water to dissolve oil. Which region will be required to do this?
(f) How much oil will dissolve in the surfactant-water solution if the concentration of surfactant falls in region A?
- Chemistry - chacho, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 1:04pm
a B E
b B E
d critical micelle concentration
e I have no idea
- Chemistry - Someone :p, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 1:18pm
(e). Region B
- Chemistry - Chemgam, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 9:35pm
(a) B E
(b) B E
(d) critical micelle concentration
(e). Region B
- Chemistry - any, Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 7:09pm
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - The surface tension versus log concentration for two surfactants is ...
- chemistry - The surface tension versus log concentration for two surfactants are...
- chemistry - The surface tension versus log concentration for two surfactants is ...
- Chemistry - Surfactants used in Detergents are: 1-Anionic,OR 2-Cationic,OR 3-Non...
- Chemistry; Please help - Write formulas for the following. 1. potassium ...
- help me its urgent - Consider the following student errors. After each error, ...
- chemistry - Arrange the acids I) hydrogen selenate ion (HSeO− 4 ), pKa = 1...
- PHysics - A dragster maintains a speedometer reading of 100 km/h and passes ...
- chem - is window cleaner an acid or base acid? Most window cleaners are basic. ...
- chemistry - consider the following balanced chemical reaction: 2 Col3+3 K2S->...