Posted by help on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 11:38pm.
A drivers distance varies directly as the amount of time traveled. After six hours, a driver had traveled 390 miles. How far had the driver traveled after 4 hours?
- math - Steve, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 11:41pm
4 is 2/3 of 6, so he traveled
2/3 of 390 = 260 miles
- math - Reiny, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 11:42pm
you can use a simple proportion
6/390 = 4/x
6x = 1560
x = 260
it looks like he is traveling at 65 mph
so in 4 hours he would go 260 miles
- math - help, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 11:46pm
Thank you guys!
- math - Beric, Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 6:37pm
the table below displays the distance driven during each 1hour interval of a 4 hour trip. 1hour 55.25 miles. 2hour 64 3/4. 3hour 52 3/10. 4hour 67.89 Which is closest to the total distance driven?
B 240 miles
C 245 miles
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade math - Variations - Can you check the following, please? 1. Two ...
- math homework - After 3.5 hours, Pedro had travel 217 miles. If he travels at a ...
- math - a truck driver traveled for 3 hours at an average speed of 65 miles per ...
- Physics - a plane is flying at a velocity of 5500 km/hr, 55 degrees north of ...
- math - a train left podunk and traveled north at 75 km/h. two hours later, ...
- Algebra - A tcar left Purm and traveled west at 70 km/h. Two hours later another...
- math - A train left Podunk and traveled west at 70 km/h. Two hours later, ...
- math - a train left podunk and traveled west 70 km/h. two hours later, another ...
- Math - The relationship between the speed of travel and the distance traveled ...
- Algebra II - A train left Podunk and traveled north at 75 Km/h. Two hours later...