Posted by Matty on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 8:41pm.
It takes Nadia 4/9 h to complete her Language Arts homework and 2/9 h to complete her mathematics homework. Which takes longer? How much longer?
I did this :
It takes Nadia Language Arts home work longer by 13.34 minutes longer.
4/9 x 60 min = 240/9 = 26.67 min
2/9 x 60 = 120/9 = 13.33 min
26.67 - 13.33 = 13.34 min
I got this wrong? I was suppose to keep it in fractions. And I came up with it took Languarge Arts longer ? Do I just turn the 26.67 and 13.33 into a fraction? then subtract the two minutes? Please help.
Fraction help wrong answer - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 8:54pm
You are right. The language arts homework takes longer than the math homework. The language arts homework takes 2/9 of an hour longer.
Fraction help wrong answer - drwls, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 8:55pm
13.33 min is correct if rounded to the nearest 0.01 minute. As a fraction, that would be 2/9 hour, 120/9 hour or 13 1/3 min.
Fraction help wrong answer - Matty, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 9:49pm
Thank you both. I understand the fraction part now that I didn't understand.
Fraction help wrong answer - Mr Bennett, Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 7:43am
You should ask your teacher for help instead of cheating on the internet.
Fraction help wrong answer - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:13am
DO IT YOURSELF LAZY NO ONE IS GOING TO ANSWER IT FOR YOU DO IT YOURSELF OR ASK A PARENT OR SOMTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 1:47pm
good job and thanks for the help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Fractions - Nadia 4/9 h to complete her Language Arts homework and 2/9 h to...
- Math - It takes Jaiden 5 and 3/4 hours to do her homework each week. It takes ...
- algebra - it takes an HP laserjet 1300 printer 10 minute longer to complete a ...
- language arts - what it the complete ssubject in this sentence... Can you ...
- Language Arts - Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of ...
- language arts - I'm writing a response to literature for the story Nadia the ...
- MATH - An application of a rational function is T = (AB)/(A+B), which gives the...
- math - Paul takes longer to paint the door than pete does.When they work ...
- math - 08.03)Esther wants to know if the number of words on a page in her ...
- Radical and Rational exponents - Estimate how long it takes you to complete a ...