Posted by A on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:56pm.
In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.
Which of the following statements best explains this quote from the Declaration of Independence?
The colonists have tried to seek solutions from the king for their problems, but he has ignored them each time.
The oppressions have been so great on the colonists that they could not send their petitions to the king.
The king has ordered his soldiers to fire on the colonists every time they have sent a letter to the king requesting assistance.
The petitions to the king about problems in the colonies have been poorly written and caused more harm.
8. How did the French and Indian War, in 1763, contribute to the writing of the Declaration of Independence?
Colonists were angry that they were taxed by Britain as a result of the war.
Certain colonies were given privileges by King George during the war.
Colonists were angry that only certain places were being defended by British soldiers.
King George did not send enough support to help colonists when fighting the war.
9. Which of the following quotes explains the colonists’ beliefs about the effectiveness of the British government?
Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it.
The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations.
10. Which quote from the Declaration of Independence shows that the colonists were influenced by John Locke’s idea of a social contract?
That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it.
11. Which quote from the Declaration of Independence shows that the colonists were influenced by John Locke’s idea of natural rights?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.
Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes.
They are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights.
To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
12. In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.
The U.S. government today reflects the main idea of this quote by
demanding that all Americans pay taxes to aid conflict in other nations.
teaching the children of Americans the only proper way to contact officials.
offering medical care for all Americans affected by war or other conflict.
protecting the right of Americans to free speech and political expression.
13. Under the Articles of Confederation, in the case of a national disaster emergency, the federal government could
raise taxes coming from the state governments to provide aid.
do nothing at all as the federal government was not permitted to contact the states.
ask the states to help but not force them to provide aid.
command the state governments to form a group of workers and supply help.
14. States like Virginia felt that their representation in the Legislature under the Articles of Confederation was
fair because every state had equal say.
unfair because smaller states should have more votes.
unfair because representation should be based on population.
fair because they had more representation than other states.
15. Large states felt that smaller states like Vermont had an unfair advantage in the Legislature under the Articles of Confederation because Vermont
had a representative who was able to convince other states to side with him during debates.
had more than one vote because of when it became a colony.
was positioned in New England, giving it a higher level of importance than the states in the South.
had a low population, resulting in a higher percentage of representation than states with higher populations.
16. Which of the following phrases from the Preamble to the Constitution refers to protecting safety and peace in the home territory?
provide for the common defense
form a more perfect Union
insure domestic Tranquility
secure the Blessings of Liberty
17. Which phrase from the Preamble to the Constitution best
reminds the states to work together cooperatively?
insure domestic Tranquility
secure the blessings of Liberty
provide for the common defense
Answer this Question
Science - help!!!!!!!!!!! - every stage is eventually returned to which final ...
Stage - The following is a diagram of a stage: UP STAGE STAGE RIGHT STAGE LEFT ...
Probablity - Samir had prepared the problem tests for Stages 1 to 5 of Geometry ...
Maths - Let f(x) = √(x^2 + 1) - 1 (taking the positive real square root, ...
math - A simple fractal tree Grows in stages. A each new stage, two new line ...
human growth and developmnet - Delinquent and predelinquent teenagers tend to be...
English - I urgently need to check these sentences. I did the corrections myself...
math - Hello, Here is a question with something i've never heard of. These are ...
Human Geography-Help! - Where is the largest concentration of people? East Asia ...
English - For a Raisin in the Sun, I have to draw and label a diagram of the ...