Posted by Rina on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 11:49pm.
Find the cost of 999 kw-hr at 7.3 cents per kw-hr.
Math - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 11:57pm
999 kw-hr x 0.073/kw-hr = ?
Math - Rina, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:02am
72.927 kw-hr. Am I right DrBob222? but do I have to round off 72.927 to the nearest cents?
Math - DrBob222, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:16am
Yes. It rounds to $72.93.
Math - Rina, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:18am
yes, that is right! Because I kept rereading my math book and i found out it says to round off to the nearest ten cents. Thank You DrBob222!
Math - DrBob222, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:33am
If you are to round to the nearest 10 cents, then I would round to $72.90.
Math - Rina, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 1:41am
Nevermind, because 9 8s bigger than 3 of course so it round down to 90 cents.
Math - Steve, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 10:57am
No, it rounds down to 90 cents because 3 is less than 5. 93 is closer to 90 than to 100.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - I am new to this site. I am not sure if my last post went thru, with my ...
- Math - a photocopy store advertises the following prices: 5 cents per copy for ...
- Alg I - One type of decorative ribbon regularly costs $3.59 per yard. When the ...
- math - A rectangular box with a volume of 320 cubic units is to be constructed ...
- math - A local photocopying store advertises as follows. " We charge 9 cents per...
- Pre-Calculus - A local photocopying store advertises as follows. " We charge 14 ...
- maths - A box of 12 table costs 21 cents.The same brand is packaged in bottles ...
- math - Which choice offers the lowest cost per ounce? 6oz for 42 cents? 8oz for ...
- Word Problem Cost minimization - Don Garcia needs at least 24 units of vitamin A...
- Math - Pencils sell for 98 cents per dozen. How much more per pencil does it ...