Posted by breanna on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 6:59pm.
1. What does the stained attire of the Knight suggest about his personality? (1 point)
The Knight is careless and unreliable.
The Knight is modest and honorable.
The Knight is deferential and dejected.
2. What flaws are attributed to the Church based on the description of the Prioress and the Monk? (1 point)
disregard of the needy
intolerance of differing views
strictness in punishing sinners
3. What is the denotative meaning of the vocabulary word devout? (1 point)
4. Chaucer wrote The Canterbury Tales in vernacular because ________. (1 point)
he wanted to please the aristocracy of his time
he managed to capture the rhythm of everyday speech
he was inspired by Italian poets such as Dante and Boccaccio
5. The underlined words are an example of _______.
Everybody bent over backwards to help Suzie in her project.
6. Which is the subject of the following sentence?
The first library was probably built in Mesopotamia four thousand years ago.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - from Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Why didn’t the Green Knight want ...
- English - The story 'The White Knight' explores the theme the importance of self...
- English - A question from Sir Knight and the Green Knight After the Green Knight...
- English - Why do you think Sir Gawain flinched when the Green Knight brought his...
- math - Imagine a small chess board, 3 x 3. If you place a knight on the top left...
- English- Medieval Period - This refers to Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Gawain...
- British Literature - Compare and Contrast Sir Gawain from Sir Gawain and the ...
- British Literature - Compare and contrast Sir Gawain of Sir Gawain and the Green...
- MATH - A beautiful Princess is locked inside the Castle. A Moat 15 metres wide ...
- English - Please read this 4 me . "Sir Gawain and Green Knight" is an ...