Posted by Roger on Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:00pm.
solve the equation
loga(x-5)- loga (x+9)=loga(x-7)-loga(x+9)
all a's are lower
please show work
math/calculus - Steve, Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 12:24am
log((x-5)/(x+9)) = log((x-7)/(x+9))
(x-5)/(x+9) = (x-7)/(x-9)
assuming x ≠ -9,
x-5 = x-7
5 = 7
no solution - typo?
even easier, add log(x+9) to both sides to get
log(x-5) = log(x-7)
x-5 = x-7
math/calculus - DRmT3DkwpBEe, Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 3:10am
JJ, thanks so much! If you have any griakdnds here in the DFW area, you must, must, must take them to this museum! It's not to be missed! Is your grandson an artist or an architect? Thanks for sending to him!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math-please help,need quickly - loga(x-5)-loga(x+9)=loga(x-7)-loga(x+9) all the ...
- Math Algebra 2 - #4. Express the logarithm in terms of log2M and log2N: log2 1/...
- Algebra help - If loga 8=2.079, loga 5=1.609, and loga 3=1.099, find the ...
- Math - Solve the logarithmic equation. Please show all of your work. Loga(x+4...
- math trouble - I have 2 problems I need help with using either substitution or ...
- Math - Properties of Logarithm - Can someone show how to this question. Loga(x+3...
- HELP! - I have no idea what the answer to this problem is, I'm given choices but...
- Math - logarithmic equation - Solve the logarithmic equation. Please show all of...
- Math - Which of the following is not a property of logarithms? A. log(A - B) = ...
- Math Algebra 2 - How do I put log in a TI-84 calculator. #1.Express the ...