Posted by Emma on Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 9:57pm.
Use substitution method to solve the linear system.
Can someone please check if I did this problem right? Thanks
Algebra - Reiny, Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 11:11pm
To check, all you have to do is to see if your solution satisfies both equations.
Your solution satisfies the first, but not the second, so there is an erro
from the first: y = 12-x
first I would multiply the second by 2 to get rid of fractions
2x + 3y = 3
now sub in the first
2x + 3(12-x) = 3
2x + 36 - 3x = 3
-x = -33
x = 33
then y = 12-33 = -21
x = 33 , y = -21
LS = x+y = 33-21 = 12 = RS
LS = x + (3/2)y = 33 + (3/2)(-21)
= 33 - 31.5 = 1.5 = 3/2 = RS
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - use the substitution method to solve the linear system. 1. 3x=9 -x+2y=9 ...
- algebra 1 - use the substitution method to solve the linear system. 9x+6y=3 3x-...
- algebra - Requesting help. (I must reckon, that X is a variable, and y is y-...
- Algebra - Use the substitution method to solve the linear system. 1/8p+3/4q=7 3/...
- algebra - Use the substitution method to solve the linear system. Thanks! s= t+4...
- Algebra - -3x + 2y = 8 x + 4y = -4 use substitution method to solve the linear ...
- algebra - how do you use the substitution method to solve the linear system? -2x...
- algebra - use method of substitution to solve the system of linear equation 3x+...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...