Posted by Zac on Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:19pm.
Convert r=1+3sin2x from a polar equation to a rectangular equation.
- Pre-Calc - Damon, Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:33pm
I assume you mean
r = 1 + 3 sin 2t
where t = theta
x = r cos t
y = r sin t
sin 2 t = 2 sin t cos t
r = 1 + 6 sin t cos t
r = 1 + 6 (y/r)(x/r)
r^3 = 1 + 6 x y
but r^2 = x^2+y^2
(x^2+y^2)^(3/2) = 1 + 6 x y
(x^2+y^2)^3 = 1 + 12 x y + 36 x^2 y^2
you can multiply the left out
- Pre-Calc - Zac, Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:55pm
wouldnt the "1"in the 1+.... in the 4th step become r^2 when you multiply both sides by r^2.
- Pre-Calc - Damon, Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:59pm
You are right
r^3 = r^2 + 6 x y
(x^2+y^2)^3 = (x^2+y^2)^2 + 6 x y
- Pre-Calc - Damon, Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 7:07pm
x^6 + 3 x^4y^2 + 3 x^2 y^4 + y^6
= x^4 + 2 x^2y^2 + y^4 + 6 x y
- Pre-Calc - Zac, Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 8:11pm
Thanks a lot for your help
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- pre calc.Math - Please help me any one of these please! Thank You to any one r=...
- Trig/pre-calc - r=8cos(theta)+5sin(theta), convert the polar equation into a ...
- precalculus - convert the equation y^2 = 2x -x^2 into polar form. convert the ...
- Pre-calculus; urgent ! Please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta...
- precalculus - 5x+3y=8 convert each rectangular equation to polar form Convert ...
- Pre calculus - 1. convert polar equation to rectangular coordinates: r^2=...
- Calculus please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta) 2. Find the ...
- Math ! Please Help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta) 2. Find the ...
- PRECALCULUS HELP PLEASE! - convert the polar equation to rectangular form. 1.) ...
- Pre-calculus HELP PLASE ! - 1.Write the rectangular equation in polar form. (x...