Posted by b6 on Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:25am.
I know how to do the work, but the way the question is worded I am not sure the answer. The math works comes out to -2 which is b but if you want the number less than -2 the answer is c. Which are they asking for .
This is my work.
Which is the value is in the solution set for the inequality
add 8 to each side
since it is less then -2 should the answer be c=-3
Math- Reiny can you help me with this question - Reiny, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:36am
-7x > 6+8
-7x > 14
x < -2
your work is ok
the problem is the way the question is worded, and your choice of answers.
Also, "Which is the value is in the solution set for the inequality"
should probably say
"Which is the value in the solution set for the inequality"
so -3 is the only value in your choices which are in the solution set.
Notice since it says < and NOT ≤, the -2 is not included.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Urgent math question for Reiny - Find the value of the expression below for r=4 ...
- 1 question! - Answer the following question about the poem “Fable for When There...
- MATH! - 5x^2-7xy+12y^2 _______________(OVER) x^2+xy-20y^2 Please if anyone can ...
- English - Ms. Sue help - Help on this question I don't understand Answer the ...
- Math - Statistics - A company claims that no more than 5% of a particular ...
- Math: Reiny - I already posted this question, and Reiny had a question about the...
- Job application - I'm filling out an job application and need help on this ...
- calculus - I have posted this question earlier and had the answer given to me ...
- math (A question for Reiny) - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the help with magic squares...
- Physics - I'd like to know when it is appropriate to use each formula. Im new to...