Posted by mikee on Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:05am.
1. Two straight roads intersect to form an angle of 75". Find the shortest distance from one road to a gas station
on the other road 10o0 m from the junction.
2. Two buildings with flat roofs are 60 m apart. From the roof of the shorter building, 40 m in height, the angle of
elevation to the edge of the roof of the taller building is 40". How high is the taller building?
3.A ladder, with its foot in the street, makes an angle of 30" with the street when its top rests on a building on
one side of the street and makes an angle of 40" with the street when its top rests on a building on the other side
of the street. I f the ladder is 50 ft long, how wide is the street'?
thanks for the answer..it will help a lot!!!!!!
- math trigonometry - Reiny, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:37am
How about trying these yourself, I gave you a previous solution.
They look like straight-forward right-angled triangle trig problems.
- math trigonometry - Steve, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:43am
Draw a diagram. The shortest distance is the perpendicular from the road to the gas station
d = 100 sin75° = 96.59 m
The height of the taller building above the shorter is
h = 60 tan40° = 50.34 m
The distance to the shorter building is
50 cos30° = 43.3 m
The distance to the taller building is 50 cos40° = 38.3 m
Note that there is still osme figuring to do on #2 and #3.
- math trigonometry - bob, Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Two roads intersect at right angles. A water spring is located 65 m from ...
- maths geometry - A straight road separates towns A (grid ref 42,45) and B (grid ...
- math - 1. Two roads intersect at an angle of 52.7 degrees, with a field in ...
- Combinatorics (math) - In a certain country, 40 roads lead out of each city. ...
- The road not taken last question - for my last question How do you think the ...
- Language Arts - In "The Road Not Taken" when Frost says two roads"....that ...
- Math - If a road passes through R(4,-11) and S (0, -9) and another road passes ...
- Fizik - a car travels with velocity along a straight horizontal road . if the ...
- calculus - Two roads intersect at an angle of 48º. A car and truck collide at ...
- Poem: The road not taken by Robert Frost - Could you check these answers thanks...