Posted by b6 on Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:02am.
Which of the values is in the solution set for the inequality
It is multiple choice
I did this: -8-7x>6
add 8 to each side
since it is less then -2 should the answer be c=-3
The way they ask the question I am not sure if the answer is b or c
- math - Bosnian, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:21am
- 8 - 7 x > 6 Add 8 to both sides
- 8 - 7 x + 8 > 6 + 8
- 7 x > 14 Divide both sides by - 7
When you multiply or divide inequality by a negative number you must change the direction of the inequality.
- 7 x / 7 < 14 / - 7
x < - 2
- math - b6, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:28am
I did change the direction of the inequality.
I got the same answer you had as shown above, but the way the question is asked
when asking the value , I may be interperting the question wrong but if it is saying x<-2
wouldn't the answer be c= -3 since they are just asking for a value and not
the inequality answer.
CONFUsed about how it is written but knew how to do the actual work
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Which is the value is in the solution set for the inequality -8-7x>6 A...
- math - I think this question has a typo because none of the multiple choice ...
- math - can some one solve this Ex 1: -2x+7>22 -2x+7-7>22-7 -2x>15 -2x...
- Math - what is the solution to the system of equations? 5x + 4y = 8 x - 2y = 10...
- Math inequalitites - Hi, I need some help with some inequalitites. Thanks!! Use ...
- Math- Reiny can you help me with this question - I know how to do the work, but...
- math - I asked sue a question yesterday and don't understand the answer can you ...
- algebra 2 - solve: 3+|2y-1|>1 graph the solution set on a number line. ...
- Math. - How do you find the slope of this inequality (to graph it) x/14-85>6...
- math - Which of the following values is in the solution set of the inequality -8...