Posted by **LB** on Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:02am.
Tell whether equation represents direct variation. If so, identify the constant of variation
Ans: yes, it represents direct variation because
its in the form Y=kx. Constant of variation: 8
Please help, not too sure if I am understanding this correctly. Completed first problem.
algebra - MathMate, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 10:41am
First problem is correct.
A direct variation will have the y-intercept as zero, so it is in the form
y=kx, where k is a constant.
In other words, a direct variation is a straight line that passes through the origin.
Q2 and Q3 are not direct variations, because the y-intercepts are 1 and 6 respectively.
algebra - DANNY, Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 9:43pm
y=2x+1 yes 2x
algebra - Anonymous, Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 4:31pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra worksheet - Hello. My algebra teacher gave me this worksheet last week ...
- algebra - Tell whether equation represents direct variation. If so, identify the...
- direct variation or neither - Tell whether the equation represents direct ...
- Math - -8y = 2x -7 +9y +7= 2x Determine whether each equation represents a ...
- Math - Is -12x = 6y a direct variation? If so what is the constant of variation...
- Algebra 2 - Is the relationship between the variables in the table a direct ...
- Algebra 2 Honors - Hey, we recently started a topic in class that I don't ...
- math - Is the relationship between the variables in the table direct variation, ...
- Math- steve or ms. sue - does the data in the table represent a direct variation...
- Math - I am doing Direct Variation in math. I don't understand how to do it. It ...