Posted by yohannes on Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:09am.
The radius of sphere at therate of 4cm per second .at what ratis its surface area chang when theradius is 6cm
physics - drwls, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 5:56am
You seem to have left out some words in your question, such as:
The radius of sphere IS INCREASING at the rate of 4cm per second.
Surface area is
The rate of increase of surface area is
dA/dt = 8*pi*R*(dR/dt)
Plug in 6 cm for R, and dR/dt = 4 cm/s, and compute
physics - Elena, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:01am
physics - Elena, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:06am
dA/dt = 64πt²=128 πt=128 π•1.5=603.2 cm²/s
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- mathematics - What is the solution for this? The surface area of a sphere varies...
- calculus *improper integrals* - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere...
- Calculus (Parts A and B done, just help with C) - The radius, r, of a sphere is ...
- calculus - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere of a 4cm radius. ...
- geometry - The radius R of a sphere is 5.6cm. Calculate the sphere's surface ...
- Geometry/Algebra/Calculus - Why isn't the surface area of a sphere with radius r...
- math - direct variation the surface area of a sphere varies directly as the ...
- Physics - Sphere 1 has surface area A1 and volume V1, and sphere 2 has surface ...
- Calculus Homework - You are blowing air into a spherical balloon at a rate of 7...
- Math - The volume of a sphere is increasing at the rate of 5 cm.cm.per second ....