Posted by Victoria on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 1:45pm.
Preterit and imperfect?
A. Choose the correct preterite tense conjugation.
B. Choose the correct imperfect tense conjugation.
las gatas (ir)
C. Choose the correct preterite tense conjugation.
D. Try substituting was/were ...ing, used to ..., would (meaning used to) ... for the verb in order to determine whether the tense should be imperfect or preterite.
Every day I visited my aunt.
E. The following sentence describes how things were, or what things were like. Which is appropriate, imperfect or preterite?
The house was white.
F. Fill in the missing letters in order to form the correct preterite conjugation.
G. Choose the correct preterite tense conjugation.
Juan y Mar�a (leer)
H. Choose the correct form of the verb. You must decide whether to use preterite or imperfect, and you must conjugate the verb correctly.
The girls spoke to the professor.
Las chicas habl�hablastehabl�hablamoshablasteishabl… con el profesor.
She used to call me every night.
Ella me llamaballamabasllamaballam�bamosllamabai… cada noche.
I. Using the phrase that is in bold as a hint, choose between the preterite or the imperfect.
Los muchachos fueroniban a las monta�as cada invierno.
J. Fill in the missing stem in order to form the correct preterite conjugation.
Juan o (tener)
las mujeres ieron (poder)
el chico o (poner)
las chicas ieron (saber)
t� iste (venir)
K. Choose the correct preterite tense conjugation.
el chofer (conducir)
Carmen y yo (decir)
L. Choose between the preterite or the imperfect.
They found out the news yesterday.
SupieronSab�an las noticias ayer.
We succeeded in lifting the piano.
PudimosPod�amos levantar el piano
A. tu diste
B las gatas iban
C. Juan durmio'
F. yo busque'
G. Juan y Marta leyeron
H. Las chicas hablaron con el profesor
Ella me llamaba cada noche
I. Los muchachos iban a las montanas cada invierno
J. Juan tuvo
Las mujeres pudieron
El chico puso
Las chicas supieron
K. el chofer condujo
L. Supieron las noticias ayer
Pudimos levantar el piano.
- Spanish Check?? - SraJMcGin, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:36pm
Well done! Just a few things. If you don't know how to put accent marks (instead of hyphens) on letters, I need to know 2 things. 1) Do you have a Mac or a PC and 2) Do you have Windows or not? Studying Spanish, it is essential that you learn how to do the accents on a computer and that you put them where they belong.
Next time, if you could please put the answers WITH the item, my old eyes will have less trouble. It is very difficult for me to slide up and down, etc. Therefore I did all your homework first and then I had the answers with yours.
It is well nigh impossible for me to read those diamond-shaped ?'s!
Here are the few things:
In J, the last one requires an accent mark on "Tú" before viniste.
In K, you skipped the 2nd one: Carmen y yo "dijimos"
In D it would have been impossible to decide Preterit or Imperfect if your teacher had not given the English cue for the Imperfect. Sometimes ONLY the speaker (or writer) an decide what s/he has in mind!
Answer this Question
- Spanish - CHECK? ANswers on bottom: A. Choose the correct preterite tense ...
- Spanish Homework - Hi! Can someone help check these for me? Thanks a bunch! :) ...
- Spanish - Preterite vs. Imperfect I'm just trying to clarify the differences. ...
- Spanish III Part 2 - Write the correct conjugation of the verb in the preterite ...
- Spanish - I need help conjugating the verb Pasar into prsent tense, imperfect ...
- Spanish - are these the correct verb tense and conjugations? i have to use ...
- spanish - are these the correct verb tense and conjugations? i have to use ...
- the parts of speech - 1. Choose the correct singular, third person, conjugation ...
- english - Choose the correct singular, third person, conjugation of the verb to ...
- spanish - Choose the correct singular form of “las universidades.” Choose the ...