Posted by es on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 10:29pm.
the numerical expression for
7/8-3/4(2-1/6)-2/3 is equal to
I made a common denominator of 24
both are divible by 2
-14/12 & divide both by 2 again to get
Is this correct?
- math - Reiny, Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 10:36pm
= 7/8 - 3/2 + 1/8 - 2/3
= 21/24 - 36/24 + 3/24 - 16/24
You are correct !
Notice you evaluated the bracket first, I used the distributive property.
Of course we have to end up with the same result, since both methods are valid.
- math - es, Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 10:39pm
Thank you for telling me how you did it, even though we got the same answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - subtract: express your answer in simplest form. 5x-3/6 - (x+3)/6 answer ...
- math,correction - can someone correct these for me i'll appreciate it thank. ...
- Math - Hi How do I add x/(x+1) + x^3? How do I divide those two numbers as well...
- Math (Damon Please help) - Okay let me try again...#4 8a^2b= 2*4*a*a*b 14ab^2= 2...
- Please Help Me Math - Find the sum and express in simplest form. Show all work: ...
- math - can anyone help me with these 3 problems I am trying to check my ...
- Math - How do you add this? -5/6 + 1/2 -5/6 + 1/2= 8/6 I know to find the lowest...
- math - the radius of a circle when the numeric values of the circumference and ...
- math,correction please.. - (x)/(x-2) - (x+1)/(x) = (8)/(x^2-2x) I keep getting x...
- math - how do you solve 9x=6 9x=6 Divide both side by 9. (Remember you can add, ...