Posted by Delilah on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 9:32pm.
Julia is allowed to watch no more than 5 hours of television a week. So far this week, she has watched 1.5 hours. Write and solve an inequality to show how many hours of television Julia can still watch this week.
You are a member of your local movie theater’s club. Every time you see a movie at the theater, you earn 2 advantage points. When you earn 100 points, you get a free movie pass. Currently, you have 40 advantage points.
Write an equation to model the number of movies m you have to watch before you earn a free movie pass.
Solve the equation. Show your work.
Write an equation with a variable on both sides of the equal sign that has infinitely many solutions. Solve the equation and explain why it has an infinite number of solutions.
T - 1.5 < 5 - 1.5
T = 3.5
40 + 2m = 100
40 + 2m - 40 = 100 - 40
2m = 60
2m ÷ 2 = 60 ÷ 2
m = 30
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please last questions - ?, Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:34pm
hey!! did you get these correct? did you figure out how to do #21?
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please last questions - Anonymous, Monday, June 3, 2013 at 2:32pm
i know 19 is correct :) so 3.5 is right
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please last questions - TTR+S<3, Monday, January 27, 2014 at 7:54pm
both 19 and 20 are right, (trying to do the dealine too for connections , lol!) im trying to still do 21
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please last questions - Teee, Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 3:01pm
19. t <= 5-1.5
t <= 3.5
The amount of television (t) Julia can watch, must be less then or equal to 5 (the maximum number of hours per week that she can watch TV) minus 1.4 (the amount she has already watched so far this week). 5-1.4=3.5. So Julia can watch NO MORE than 3.5 more hours of TV this week.
1. Because you earn TWO points for every ONE movie, the equation has to be 40+2m=100 not 40+m=100.
2. 100-40=60 60/2=30 so m=30
CHECK ANSWER: 30*2=60 and 60+40=100
simplify to 5x+5=5x+4
cancel out both 5x to get 5=4
1. equation is 5x+5=3x+4+2x simplify. The two number on the right side of the equation are 3 and 2. 3+2=5 so we come to 5x +4 which is the same as 3x+4+2x. If you use the Communitive Property of Addition ([a+b]+c)= ([a+c]+b). We can use this when 3x is a, 4 is b, and 2x is c. a+c in the brachets is 2x=3x which is 5x then add the b which is 4 so you have 5x+4. The final simplification comes to 5x+5=5x+4.
2. You cancel out the 5x on both sides which looks like this: 5=4, Because this is not true, you have an infinite number of solutions.
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please last questions - idk, Monday, September 26, 2016 at 10:27pm
i need some help round here omg
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math... - Julia is allowed to watch no more than 5 hours of television a week. ...
- Math - Julia is allowed to watch no more then 5 hours of tv a week. She has ...
- Math Help Plz fast - 13. Describe the number of solutions for the equation. 10(x...
- Math ~CHECK MY WORK PLEASE~ - Briana is allowed to watch no more than 5 hours of...
- MATH - Briana is allowed to watch no more than 5 hours of T.V a week. So far ...
- Math - sumiko is allowed to watch no more than 10 hours of televisione ach week ...
- MATH - 1~ a.) Solve a - 9 = 20 b.) Solve b - 9 > 20 c) How is solving the ...
- statistics - Six students from a statistic class reported the number of hours of...
- math - find the minimum, maximum,range,median,mean,mode for the hours of ...
- 7th grade challenge math - of 109.6 million house holds, 19,508,800 watched the ...