Posted by Tyler on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:36pm.
At a festival, 2/7 of the number of girls was equal to 3/5 of the number of boys. There were 165 fewer boys than girls. How many children were at the festival in all?
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 10:37pm
number of boys ---- b
number of girls ----- g
(2/7)g = (3/5)b
g = (3/5)(7/2)b = 21/10 b
g - b = 165
21b/10 - b = 165
21b - 10b = 1650
11b = 1650
b = 150
g = 21/10(150) = 315
150 boys, 315 girls, total of 465
(2/7)(315 = 90
(3/5)(150) = 90
- math - angelina, Monday, December 2, 2013 at 12:50am
Where can i find an explanation of this to apply to other problems
- math - Pooper, Monday, December 14, 2015 at 4:13pm
Barbie poops out party cats with mustaches and baby horses eating butts
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - At a festival, 2/7 of the number of girls was equal to 3/5 of the number ...
- math - At a sports carnival,the ratio of number of pupils sent by school A,B and...
- math - there were 490 altogether in 2 groups. group A consited of only boys and ...
- Math - If the ratio of girls to boys on the swim team is 2:3, which of these ...
- math - the ratio of boys to girls in a club is 7:4, there are 21 fewer girls ...
- Math - Students surveyed boys and girls separately to determine which sport was ...
- math - There are 12 girls in one of the fifth grade classes. The number of girls...
- English Expression - A: How many boys and girls are there in the park? B: There ...
- math - There are 27 students in Mrs. Reeds class. The number of boys and number...
- Math - There are 12 girls and 9 boys in Mrs. Johnson's classroom. She said that ...