Posted by Delilah on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:05pm.
To pinpoint the absolute location of a place, geographers use (1 point)
the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
the North and South poles.
latitude and longitude.
What does the theme of movement help geographers to understand? (1 point)
a location's physical and human features
how people, goods, and ideas get from one place to another
how far a place is from the equator
the climate of a place
Geographers' studies include oceans, landforms, climate, and (1 point)
ancient mathematical calculations.
how people affect their environment.
What is a disadvantage of a Mercator projection? (1 point)
It does not include all of the continents.
It does not show many details of Earth's surface.
It is too large to be carried easily.
It shows correct shapes but not true sizes.
Why do many geographers prefer the Robinson projection? (1 point)
It has no distortion of the Earth's surface.
It quite accurately shows most distances, sizes, and shapes.
It is an interrupted projection of the Earth's surface.
It is an equal-area map.
A globe is more accurate than a map because a globe can show (1 point)
the true shapes of continents and oceans.
a distorted view of Earth.
a particular region in great detail.
As Earth spins in space, on the side facing the sun it is always (1 point)
Earth is divided into 24 standard time zones because (1 point)
the time zone is a few hours per mile.
Earth rotates west and the day starts earlier in the west.
of confusion if each town had its own time zone.
the Earth doesn't rotate at a steady rate in 24 hours.
What is the result of the sun being directly over the equator on March 21? (1 point)
Days and nights are unequal in length.
It is daytime for almost 20 hours.
It is nighttime for almost 20 hours.
Days and nights are nearly equal in length.
The atmosphere surrounding Earth provides oxygen for (1 point)
people and animals.
1. latitude and longitude.
2. how far a place is from the equator
3. ancient mathematical calculations
4. It shows correct shapes but not true sizes.
5. It has no distortion of the Earth's surface.
6. the true shapes of continents and oceans.
8. the Earth doesn't rotate at a steady rate in 24 hours.
9. Days and nights are unequal in length.
10. the core.
7th grade social studies - peace, Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 12:39pm
i am pretty sure they are all correct great job
7th grade social studies - Anonymous, Monday, December 14, 2015 at 11:34am
3. How people affect their environment
5.it quite accurately shows most distances, size and shape
7th grade social studies - Anonymous, Monday, December 14, 2015 at 11:37am
8.earth rotates west and the day starts earlier in the west
9. Days and night are equal in length
10. People and animals
7th grade social studies - We Are Anonymous, Monday, December 5, 2016 at 2:13pm
7th grade social studies - I gotchu fam, Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 10:14pm
CONNEXUS ANSWERS. 100% I JUST TOOK THAT QUIZ
7th grade social studies - Aye Go Awayyyy, Friday, December 23, 2016 at 11:26am
I gotchu fam isn't right....
7th grade social studies - crimson typhoon, Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 2:20pm
i gotchu fam is correct accept for 26 27 and 28 which are c a and c
7th grade social studies - Magic m8, Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 7:48am
1, and 15 are wrong.
7th grade social studies - Donut, Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 4:21pm
CONNEXUS ANSWERS. 100% I JUST TOOK THAT QUIZ
7th grade social studies - Just Some Person, Monday, January 9, 2017 at 1:51pm
Donut is right. I got 100% on it. Thanks!
7th grade social studies - Emilyy, Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 6:54pm
Dount is correct!! Thx!!<3
7th grade social studies - lilly,larry, Friday, January 20, 2017 at 7:58pm
Dount is correct 30/30
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - 40 North latitude and 160 west longitude Pacific Oceann? 23 ...
- Social Studies - 1. What countries/continents are included in the Americas? 2. ...
- Social Studies Please Check My Answers - Which pair of basic questions guides ...
- World Geography - REVIEW 1.How do lines of latitude and longitude help ...
- geography - 1. In what direction does the Nile River flow? The river flows North...
- physical geography - If you begin at 20 degrees 47'36" south and 168 degrees 23'...
- Social Studies - In which hemisphere is North America located? NOrthern ...
- geography - Can you check my answers please? 1. What is the difference between ...
- scocial studies - 1. Why is it incorrect to say that the Ozarks are mountains? A...
- Geography - What is absolute location? A.a precise measure of where a location ...