Posted by Lia on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:18pm.
a store owner wishes to hang a sign weighinh 750N so that cable A attached to the store makes a 30 degree angle from the vertical wall. cable B is attached horizontally to an ajoining building. calculate the necessary tension on cable B
Physics - Lia, Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:27pm
so theres a triangle now with an inside angle of 120
Physics - Lia, Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 5:03pm
saaw somewhere the answer is 433 but that's not what im getting
Physics - Knights, Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 5:07pm
Physics - Damon, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:28pm
T sin 30 = force up = 730
T = 1460 N in cable A
T cos 30 = horizontal component = 1460 cos 30 = 1264 N
I did not post this...Damon did
is the same thing but with a sign weighing 730 N
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A store owner wishes to hang a sign weighing 750 N so that Cable A ...
- Physics - Joe wishes to hang a sign weighing 730 N so that cable A, attached to ...
- physics - You are asked to hang a uniform beam and sign using a cable that has a...
- physics - A 9.0 m uniform beam is hinged to a vertical wall and held ...
- Physics - A 500N person stands 2.5m from a wall against which a horizontal beam ...
- Physics - A 180-kg uniform horizontal beam is attached to a vertical wall at one...
- physics - A cylindrical aluminum rod is attached to a wall by a hinge. A copper ...
- physics - A 1240 N uniform beam is attached to a vertical wall at one end and is...
- physics help - A 1240 N uniform beam is attached to a vertical wall at one end ...
- physics - A sign with a mass of 1000.0 kg is suspended from a wall with a cable...